Topfield "Extended Signal" Functionality?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by aekostas, May 2, 2007.

Tags:
  1. aekostas

aekostas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +52
    Hi,

I am having signal problems; since Saturday the BBC Mux (Craigkelly) is either so blocky one cannot watch it or non-existent at all (99% strength, 0% quality; all I get is a black screen on BBC1 etc).

Mr Aerial Man is visiting in the afternoon and we will try to point the DAT45 upwards to miss the trees that we suspect cause the problem. I think we will need all the help we can get, so I noticed the "Extended Signal" option on the Toppy. It is not documented in the manual so I thought I would ask. It appears to beep as well as enlarge the quality/strength window; what does the beeping mean?

TIA! :smashin:

2. Richard46

Richard46

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +120
    I dont know but it is certainly annoying. Seriously in two years of reading Toppy threads I dont remember this being mentioned; only found it after reading your post so suspect that that is it, it just enlarges the signal bars and makes that awful noise.
    Hope you have some luck getting the signal back. :)

Richard

3. Bearded_Malc

Bearded_Malc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    It's probably just an aid for pointing the aerial in the right direction. Turn the TV volume up and then when you are on the roof turn the aerial the beeps tell you when you are pointed the right way - that would be my guess.