Topfield dead.

Denwyn

Standard Member
Our trusty Topfield TF5800 has just died after almost 8 years faultless service, it had a updated power supply fitted a few months back, but its the hard drive which has given up this time...I think its time to buy a new one now, but at am a loss to know what to buy, we have a Sony KDL 32 ex tv, with freeview HD, connected by ethernet to pc for Sony internet, Iplayer ect. I would like something with the same features as the Topfield, i loved being able to transfer recordings from it via usb to my laptop,from what i see this is no longer as easy with new PVR's,don't really know if i need a HD Pvr,we have it on the TV and i am quite happy with the quality of SD recordings,although i am lead to believe there could be future advantages in getting a PVR with HD. Any recommendations on a replacment to our Topfield, at the moment i like the Humax fox HDR T2,ans she wants a Sony to match the TV....( don't even ask ). looking at spending about £300. Biggest problem is i can't get out to buy local and have to buy online. Any help or advice appreciated

Bizman

Novice Member
You may find it is nothing more serious than a corrupt hard drive which is easily corrected. The toppy forum Toppy.org.uk ~ Index would be a good place to start.

h1ghway1

Standard Member
I can recommend andyfras on here, he has resolved 2 issue with my T5800 recently. He is a nice guy and knows his stuff. Speak to him before you spend any money :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom