Topfield and Inverto..some questions

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by andyboyle, May 9, 2005.

Tags:
  1. andyboyle

andyboyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I am really interested in buying either the Topfield 5800 or the Inverto 7000 and had a couple of questions

1) The main reason I am interested in the Topfield is because of the PC access, I archive a lot of stuff and so far I have not seen a PVR DVD HDD recorder on the market. The question is, say I recorded a 30 minute show and transferred it to my PC, what format would it be in and what would be the rough file size, if I wanted to archive it to DVD or another file format could I convert it easily to MPEG, WMV or a burn it to a DVD.

2. Does the Inverto have PC access, I noticed on the site it mentioned 2 USB ports but was unsure if they came with the UK version.

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

Andy

2. Brava 210

Brava 210

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +971
    if you go over to toppy.org.uk you can find out everything-the inverto due out over here this month has no pc access,the usb is a sat version...

gary

3. andyboyle

andyboyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much Gary

4. tabatha

tabatha
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toppy records in MPEG2 Transport Stream format. This can easily be transferred your PC via the USB interface and a simple utility can convert the Transport Stream (TS) to a Program Stream (PS) in a few seconds. You can also do the reverse and convert a standard MPEG2 PS to a "fake" TS that can then be played on the Topfield.

As has already been stated, the Inverto does not have a facility for transferring to/from a PC. I am very happy with my Toppy and the recent software update has further improved an impressive product. The fact that "user programs" can be written by those talented enough has added to the versatility of this machine and the fact that it quite happily seems to accept a larger capacity hard-drive for those brave enough to void their warranty!

5. The-Stranger

The-Stranger
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got the topfield this morning - does everything it says on the box

glad i went the extra £££