1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Topelectricals

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by GCDB, Sep 23, 2004.

1. GCDB

GCDB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi,
    I hope someone can help or advise me. After reading some forums and what video and widescreen mag, i decided to buy my first bit of kit. I ordered a pioneer dv575a dvd player from topelectricals.co.uk. The money came out two days later. A week later no player so i decided to phone them and an answermachine reply said closed until 7th oct?? Are they genuine? Has anyone else bought from them. Should i just wait until 7th oct to phone them which will be almost a month from ordering. First internet order as well!

2. Spooksta

Spooksta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +267
    If you used credit card it wont matter. Just ring Card company and they can pull the funds back. Then reorder it from another source.

3. Moviebuff

Moviebuff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    It says on the answer machine message,that they are closed until the 7th Oct,but if you order online,the orders will still be processed.

Have you tried emailing them? Although the shop is closed,there must be someone there to process orders.I'd be inclined to mail them,wait another few days,and then contact your CC company.It may be that they are short staffed due to a annual holiday.

Hope it all turns out ok for you.

4. GCDB

GCDB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thanks for replies
    I have emailed them several times on sales@top.... and info@topele.... and no response. I will probably send them a letter giving them until the 10th oct to sort it out or will get cc to try to get money back or trading standards involved.
    Has anyone ever bought anything from this company? Or waiting for goods at present?
    By the way,what is the bad post icon on both of your replies?

5. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,082
    With that sort of service I would not bother with a letter, just get straight onto your CC company and inform them of the matter. I would get them to cancel the transaction and try your luck with a better retailer. It's not worth the hassle, if they don't reply to your emails, why would they reply to your letter?

Also the bad post icon, do you mean the triangle with the black line? That is what all members should click if they want to report a post to the moderators. Whether it be for bad language, abuse, inappropriate content etc.