1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top To Bottom/ Screen Question

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bad robot, Nov 17, 2004.

1. bad robot

bad robot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Ok quick question here:

Im building a wall unit/PC desk which will also act for a concealed projection screen which pulls out in front of the unit when required.

The problem I have is because its in an attic with a low canted ceiling the best way of going about it I can think of is......

Have the screen coming from the bottom and hooking into position at the top. Just like the DRH "EASY" range but be a "Slimline" model concealed in a bottom base box incorporated into the unit.

1) Would this in anyway effect the projection quality as the material would be upside down, I know it sounds daft but not sure if the material would be effected.

2) Would having the centre speaker behind but not touching the screen create any major problems, even allowing for additional volume?

3) Does any light reflect from the screen effecting the low ceiling as this could be a major problem, espically as its white.

Appreciate a response.

2. bad robot

bad robot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +349
    Well at least now I got the thing so I can answer my own questions
    Cant beat self testing I suppose.
    :rolleyes: