Top Tips for a New 1.5 user

W

wazzab1

Hi Guy's..
Well just got my second hand Jap 1.5 psp value pack. Came with a game (Need for speed) and a 1gig card (all Boxed etc) All for the neat sum of £100. (Ebay bargin)
All works well and in good condition...but here is the reason for this thread...
I thought it would be a good idea to do the following :

Top 5 tips : What to do with a 1.5 psp or what we should know

Top 5 Stuff to get: What 5 things should I get/install or best weblinks

I know this forum is full of "old timers - (been there got the T-Shirt etc):rotfl:
But us newbies could do with a little summary thread. (Well i could) :thumbsup:

P.S. I'm sure version 2 users etc would benifit from the same ? What you all think>

:confused:

pxr5

The first thing to do is get hold of a copy of devhook 0.45 then head over to psp-hacks.com and I'm sure all your questions will be answered.

tinners

Novice Member
Check out pspupdates.qj.net they have a great download section. From memory some good homebrew: ( http://dl.qj.net/Gaming-Consoles-PSP/catid/106 )

• DevHook is great for allowing you to emulate firmware to play your UMD games needing a newer firmware. Works right up to 2.71 so you can also use the RSS feeds and Web browser in those firmwares without needing to upgrade your PSP from 1.50
  • PSP Radio - internet radio
  • PMP Mod v2.01 subtitle mod - video streaming to your PSP from your PC
  • PSP Universal Remote
  • PSPlayerMT For PSP - media player for PSP
  • TVSP - stream live TV from your PC - needs DScaler and a TV card

plus lots of Emulators eg Nintendo, BBC etc. etc. but I'll leave it to you to find those. I'm not really into that.

Anyway there's loads of great homebrew you can for the 1.50. You dont necessarily need to use your 1.50 for things which Sony (or the police) wouldn't like ;)

Enjoy :thumbsup:

W

wazzab1

Cheers Guy's I'm sure other will find your suggestions useful too.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom