MEGATAMA

GT7
Zelda
GOW
Horizon
Elden
This 5 i will buy for sure.

Kotatsu Neko

Hopefully there's a lot still to be announced, as aside from Starfield that's a pretty uninteresting lineup. Certainly nothing on the level of Psychonauts 2 or It Takes Two.

GeorgeL78

It's a strong line up - I am behind on PS games (sold PS4 too early in lifecycle) so need to play Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War before getting the sequels.
Starfield will be interesting and GT7 will keep me going until a new Forza Motorsport comes along.

SunnyIntervals

I'll soon be putting in a pre-order for Horizon and possibly GT7 (do I really want to pay real money for virtual game credits? hmm), but that's about it for the first half of the year. I haven't played 2018's God of War and I know I should (it's a freebie on PS5 with PS+, so there's no excuse!) If I do, I'll certainly pick up this years follow up at some point.

I loved the Arkham games, but this suicide squad game leaves me cold. The Harley character model looks awful.

GeorgeL78

There's only one for me, and probably the only game I will ever pre-order:
Zelda BOTW2
I hang my head in shame that I was fully immersed in BOTW...for a week and then haven't picked it up since...that was 3 1/2 years ago! I really should make the effort to pick it up again as from what I saw it was phenomenal...Too many games, too little time!

Xenomorph

I hang my head in shame that I was fully immersed in BOTW...for a week and then haven't picked it up since...that was 3 1/2 years ago! I really should make the effort to pick it up again as from what I saw it was phenomenal...Too many games, too little time!

It depends on your tastes really. I'm into open world games and puzzle based adventures. I was simply blown away by the freedom available in BOTW. Honestly I've not experienced such a flexible game ever. Quite remarkable how Nintendo have achieved this. I really think it's a ground breaking game, which is extremely rare these days.

GeorgeL78

It depends on your tastes really. I'm into open world games and puzzle based adventures. I was simply blown away by the freedom available in BOTW. Honestly I've not experienced such a flexible game ever. Quite remarkable how Nintendo have achieved this. I really think it's a ground breaking game, which is extremely rare these days.
Completely agree - it was bad timing from a life perspective more than anything...young daughter and then we ended up fostering a baby due to an emergency situation. Would love to revisit it at some point but got such a backlog! And now the kids hog the Switch for Just Dance and Mario Kart!!!

Xenomorph

Completely agree - it was bad timing from a life perspective more than anything...young daughter and then we ended up fostering a baby due to an emergency situation. Would love to revisit it at some point but got such a backlog! And now the kids hog the Switch for Just Dance and Mario Kart!!!

It is a real time sink, but in a good way! We never got bored with the game, and completed the whole thing, including finding 99% of the shrines.
Bonus was that I played it along with my daughters and we all got involved in the gameplay. Collectively solving the shrine puzzles was fun!

FevreDream

Most of my most eagerly awaited games are all on that list, plus 3 that aren’t.

Elden Ring
Forbidden West
GOW: Ragnarok
Dead Space Remake
+
A Plague Tale: Requiem
Stray
Forspoken

Last edited:

The_Wierd

Its not just you. I got BOTW on WiiU when it first released, probably played it about half way through, but then I think Horizon released on PS4 and that grabbed me and I never went back. I have a Switch now, but BOTW is in that middle area where I don't fancy playing the first half again to see the rest and there are enough new games that will never have time to go back anyway.

My backlog goes back more than 20 years at this point (I still haven't finished Baldur's Gate 2 and that released in 2000). So it would actually be nice if they just stopped releasing games for about 10 years to give me chance to catch up!

Eamo26

Hopefully there's a lot still to be announced, as aside from Starfield that's a pretty uninteresting lineup. Certainly nothing on the level of Psychonauts 2 or It Takes two
Im stunned someone would believe psychonauts 2 is a potentially better game than elden ring and dead space.

Kotatsu Neko

Im stunned someone would believe psychonauts 2 is a potentially better game than elden ring and dead space.
Psychonauts 2 is in my opinion the best game in the last decade.

Dead Space I finished years ago, and Elden Ring is just another Souls game. Neither is especially imaginative or creative.

Eamo26

Psychonauts 2 is in my opinion the best game in the last decade.

Dead Space I finished years ago, and Elden Ring is just another Souls game. Neither is especially imaginative or creative.
Well each to our own we can't all like the same thing. "Just another souls game" the whole genre was/is a revolution in gaming. I think both are very imaginative and creative and many people would agree. I personally found psychonauts tedious, the combat and controls were dreadful and the levelling up system was uninspiring.

richp007

Distinguished Member
Some goodens there, but it's all about God of War: Ragnarok for me. The first game was incredible. They don't really need to improve anything, just give us more.

urichris

I'll probably get Dead Space as the original was brilliant.

God of War also, though whether I will finish it is debatable.

We all know who needs to be releasing a new game this year but in reality is probably years away. 9 years though is a joke.

Spence0108

Top of the list for me is elden ring as a souls fan. God of war is a close second too. The witcher 3 wild hunt coming to ps5/xbox series x is also a anticipated game for myself too

SunnyIntervals

I'll probably get Dead Space as the original was brilliant.

God of War also, though whether I will finish it is debatable.

We all know who needs to be releasing a new game this year but in reality is probably years away. 9 years though is a joke.
I don't! Who is it..!?!?!?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Sky and NOW UK for February 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Piega launches Ace Wireless speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
M&K Sound launches V+ Series subwoofers