Top Ten 4K Blu-ray Discs of 2020 & Comments

UMAR 3:16

No LOTR?

StefanBFC

Lord of the rings?

W90WBA

Just getting into 4K UHD’s (not watched any yet but got a few for xmas), glad to see 3 I’ve got have made that list and can’t wait to sit down and give them a watch now

Coulson

Distinguished Member
I'm not sure Jaws is no.1 but it is a very good restoration. Solid list overall.

Last edited:

Roohster

Distinguished Member
Can't argue with that list, it's been a good year for new 4K discs and yep, the Jaws remaster is outstanding.

With new movie production slowing down, hopefully we can look forward to even more remastered classics in 2021.

Samv0808

Distinguished Member
For me watching Jaws was a real wow moment in 4K. For me just a brilliant transfer and I grinned from ear to ear watching it. I’ve watched all 10 in the list and Jaws deserves its place. Great list with the right film at the top.

UMAR 3:16

I would have swapped 2 and 1 over. In terms of 4K disc quality

Davekale86

Good list I have a few off there agree with Jaws an absolute cracker in 4K with a superb soundtrack can’t believe it’s nearly 50 years old! That and Blade Runner are examples of how to remaster older films

james03

Jaws is my favourite movie and it’s a brilliant 4k disc, just waiting on my second favourite Lawrence of Arabia and then they can do Zulu, wish list complete.

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Great list. Hard to argue with that. It’s been a great year for 4K at least

raduv1

Distinguished Member
Cheers for the reminder that I must purchase the Le Mans disc :smashin: .

Evinger

Thanks for the list. Still have Whiplash sitting here waiting to be watched. Want to make sure the mood is right!

Don Rogers Tash

Jaws for me...by a country mile.
Followed by Top Gun, for the Atmos soundtrack and certainly not for the film.
I remember walking out of the flix back in '86 hating Tom Cruise more than I already did !

Earthscope

I’m surprised Tenet is not in the top 10 list the picture quality is phenomenal in 4K HDR10

1917 then Joker for my 1&2

Last edited:

xxGBHxx

Thanks for the list. Still have Whiplash sitting here waiting to be watched. Want to make sure the mood is right!
An excellent film in any mood in my opinion ;)

Wife (who is a professional musician) said it was scary how accurate it was. Said she had an orchestral conductor in Uni almost exactly like Simmons with the same attitude and temperament, she was terrified of him for 3 years.

Was a great film to watch.

G

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Very good list. Got / seen nearly all of them.

Whiplash bored me though!

Tim2049

Although I despise it, and don't even really class it as a film, Gemini Man is still the best looking image I've ever seen. Significantly so.

mb3195

Distinguished Member
No idea how Beverly Hills Cop made the list, pretty average transfer if you ask me.

lots of better choices in terms of audio/video, the below blow most of the list away:
Tenet
Bad boys for life
Invisible man
Terminator dark fate
Midway

Not saying they’re the best films, some better than others, but neither is BHC!

domtheone

Distinguished Member
I’ve only seen half the list but I did see Jaws a mere few days ago.

For sure i’m probably biased, given that its my all time fave film. The transfer was outstanding though.

Also, it’s not like it’s comparing Jaws to Tenat. Each movie will be judged on its own merits, so, whilst Jaws might not be the single greatest transfer ever (though it might lol), the fact that it received such an amazing transfer, for said, 45 year old movie. Makes it a worthy winner, imo.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...

Latest News

NAD Launches CI 16-60 DSP Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sky seals Studiocanal movie deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
iFi Audio launches iDSD Diablo DAC/Headphone amp
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung launches Galaxy Buds Pro
  • By Andy Bassett