Top reason to go Intel

KraGorn

Novice Member
Not sure what this gives over, say, an Nvidia 6600GT? Sure, if you're looking for a 'one board' PC, ie. on board graphics and audio, then it's better than most on-board solutions but now you can get on-board 6xxx series for instance I'm not at all sure this is a 'given' option to take.

KraGorn said:
.. which gives what practical benefits? :)
Ihe instant on and off and standby recording, which lowers the power costs, plus if you go for the media board it has dolby 7.1 encoding, also the 2+1 audio output so while outputting 5.1 you can also output a seperate 2.0 stream, such as Voip, pretty clever...

springtide

Distinguished Member
meansizzler said:
Ihe instant on and off and standby recording, which lowers the power costs, plus if you go for the media board it has dolby 7.1 encoding, also the 2+1 audio output so while outputting 5.1 you can also output a seperate 2.0 stream, such as Voip, pretty clever...
I had a look at Intels site yesterday....

"Instant On-Off". Is this not just S3 standby? If not, what's the difference?

Sounds pretty similar to what Nvidia are doing with it's onboard graphics chipset at present. I'm not saying Nvidia have got it right, but the features are similar.

KraGorn

Novice Member
meansizzler said:
Okay, I see some benefits if you use the PC for recording, since I don't use a PVR I don't tend to think of applications like that. :)

Of course, whether 7.1 is over-hyped or not is another matter. ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom