TOP MOVIES on 7W reception.

What's the chance of AD Sports HD coming over?
Currently on Nilesat 201 etc.

not totally out of the question & I think they might quietly want to ..

but I think the way they won the live EPL tv rights off Showsports - the more restricted footprint played a role there so that might be it.... but who knows .. ... I think you'd still need something like a 2.4m to receive it on their poor tuner Humax card paired boxes.

Just found out that the MBC fta movie group have leased a whole TP on AB7 & plan to expand their channels on there - although that could mean anything including sub' services - I'd like to see their FTA movies on there- they have one already- MBC Persia..

Might be doing more installs on the bigger dishes the way this is going .. I can see the average install size going up already...

Last edited:
What's the chance of AD Sports HD coming over?
Currently on Nilesat 201 etc.

I'd say none mate. Would be great if we could get it.:(

I'd say none mate. Would be great if we could get it.:(

Obviously i've never seen a game via AD Sports HD, but i would imagine they would do it right etc.
I think i was just hoping it would give us another option etc...:)

Paul D said:
Obviously i've never seen a game via AD Sports HD, but i would imagine they would do it right etc.
I think i was just hoping it would give us another option etc...:)

Well official cards are around 300£ I thinks so it would be great if we got it.

The reasons why I think ADSports has a [slim] 'chance of going on AB7' .. is what's just happened re: AB7 -up until a week or so ago, me & just about everyone in this side of the sat industry expected 7w to become harder in the UK with tighter & tighter beams etc.. & instead this has happened & gone the other way & that might be a really good business decision by Eutelsat to offer a bigger footprint at 7w while Nilesat 201 is so restricted(as is BADR6 @ 26e plus there might be a MENA beam at 28e sometime in the future= yet more competition).

If you have a choice of leasing on Nilesat 201 with it's restricted footprint or Atlantic Bird 7 with it's broader footprint then there are obvious business & rights issue decisions there - the broader footprint gets more customers but the tighter beam can play a role in gaining EPL rights.. but then there's the recent European epl cases - ADSports might not be in Europe but I doubt they haven't taken some notice of what's happened there.

Plus Orbit Showtime Network, ie: Showsports- the previous region's holders of the live epl rights have leased transponders on ab7 [& MBC have leased on it, even though they have capacity on Nilesat 201].

Showsports was better than Viasat .. - ADSports is rated about the same or better than Showsports was, but with the Man City/AD connection it should be very good for Man City pubs/ fans.

ADSports are probably stuck with their lease agreements anyway & it would probably go against them in the next round of epl rights.

edit ... I think they only went over to Nilesat 201 a few months ago ..

Last edited:
Looks like there are some very new movies being advertised atm to be on FTA from tomorrow onwards on the Panorama Action movie channel.

Looks like there are some very new movies being advertised atm to be on FTA from tomorrow onwards on the Panorama Action movie channel.

The Transformers 3 movie is on Panorama Action atm... is that the 1st time on FTA TV [4 or 5 months old ?]

Avatar is on later & 2012 & the inception movie & quite a few others ... [2011 Arthur remake movie is on Panorama Comedy]

not too bad for free to air (& a decent setup)

Last edited:
there have been a lot more recent movies on or being advertised on ab7 including 2011 release dated movies.. the best one being Panorama Action from Egypt.

FOX TV's on line SCHEDULE ...... if that's handy for anyone.

FOX MOVIES is now on AB7 ... 11295h 27500

[vpid 5622 apid 5623 ppid 5622]

strong too... & 7 day epg in English

That might be 9 or 10 movie channels on ab7 when Play Movies launches.. & about another 30-40 Arab channels that carry English movies & programs in the evenings...

Well I am getting AD sports HD and its great. As was said before you need to buy the Humax box and card together as they are paired. The JSC card is not paired and can be used in another cam.

My secret is my location -Persian Gulf! ;)

Well I am getting AD sports HD and its great. As was said before you need to buy the Humax box and card together as they are paired. The JSC card is not paired and can be used in another cam.

My secret is my location -Persian Gulf! ;)

Oh no- don't stop there- make us really sick... just tell us all how SMALL a dish you could get it on ..

AND... just how good you think it is ...

Oh no- don't stop there- make us really sick... just tell us all how SMALL a dish you could get it on ..

AND... just how good you think it is ...

From a bar in Torremilinos I think its a 60cm

OK a bit more...

It is so strong a 60cm dish or even smaller could receive it! But practically most people use a 1m dish with 3 LNBs, Badr(Arabsat), Hotbird and Nilesat.

If you get the Humax AD Sports branded box you get all the Premiership matches in HD and in English. Equal to Sky! It's on Arabsat and Nilesat but most people are moving to Nilesat because the Orbit package is on that as well - which is pretty good for movies and entertainment. :)

t
.......all the Premiership matches in HD and in English. Equal to Sky!
???

equal?? - we want better than that... :D

I actually installed the Humax card paired HD box for Ad Sports in the UK when they first came out after Showsports lost the epl - waste of time though ... the tuners are lousy for fringe reception (deliberately so) which made it even more useless in the UK [BADR6 was the best chance]- it added a lot to the already big dish size- at a guess it went from c. 3.6-4m+ to c. 5-6m+ north of Birmingham because of those weak tuners. Most of the boxes went down to Spain when everyone found out how bad it was in the UK.

26e & 7w on a 1m ? ... that would be nice...

There's ANOTHER movie channel on AB7- 7w

5555 TV MOVIES

scan 12169v 27500

[vpid 6107 apid 6108 ppid 6107]

This one's got quite a bit of colourful text over the screen like the Email (at) TV movie channel [I suppose it tells you, you are definitely not in the UK] might not be any ad breaks though..

... want some more sports channels now ..hint hint..

Looks like there might be another blitz of Movie World Premiers on free tv on the way for New Year's on Panorama Action/7.3w- just caught the tail end of a trailer.

Yet another channel has arrived carrying movies in English on 7w/ ab7- Amwaj TV - don't think it's another 24/7 movie channel but just seems to show quite a lot of movies & titles them in English ... on 11391v 27500

nice, but we want more fta footy too !!..[ رضى ]

I have a Humax ADMC Reciever that I use in my holiday home in Morocco.

The reciever seems quite sensitive compared to my Spiderbox. Still being within the Nilesat footprint helps!

The Prem games are the same as those shown Skyit, Skyde etc but they show all 380 games live! In between games they have footie chat shows where all those ex prem players that you have forgotten about appear as pundits. The PQ on the Humax is actually quite good but the biggest drawback is that the box is not PVR. However, the games are repeated 24/7.

As for JSC HD1 & HD2 if the signal quality drops below 46% there no reception here. This has happened a few times when its rained over here in the last 9 months (its rained about three times!)

I paided £220 for the ADMC Reciever and sub for the year. I beleive renewal is £70!

I'm gonna miss this when I return home.

I have a Humax ADMC Reciever that I use in my holiday home in Morocco.

The reciever seems quite sensitive compared to my Spiderbox. Still being within the Nilesat footprint helps!

The Prem games are the same as those shown Skyit, Skyde etc but they show all 380 games live! In between games they have footie chat shows where all those ex prem players that you have forgotten about appear as pundits. The PQ on the Humax is actually quite good but the biggest drawback is that the box is not PVR. However, the games are repeated 24/7.

As for JSC HD1 & HD2 if the signal quality drops below 46% there no reception here. This has happened a few times when its rained over here in the last 9 months (its rained about three times!)

I paided £220 for the ADMC Reciever and sub for the year. I beleive renewal is £70!

I'm gonna miss this when I return home.

Hmmm... yeah, that doesn't make any of us sick here at all ....... :devil:

..... that's less than Tring & you get the box too & renewal at £70... and not Tring 'will it won't it' stress or uncer meds either

We did early tests in Stoke On Trent when ADSPORTS first launched on a Channel Master 2.4 that had got every 3pm on Showsports EPL matches on Nilesat [not easy] & a few other tests - didn't spend long & switched to Viasat Sweden fast for the pubs - it was obvious it needed 4m+ plus the Humax ADSports paired boxes tuners had [had] poor tuners to make it even harder to get ADS EPLs in the UK. You can do it on 2.4m in the south but I think you are still too near glitch level.

Still love to get it up here & especially for Man City pubs with that AD copnnection ...

They might have improved the tuners & attitudes about EPL have changed a little - Humax make the Foxsats & that's one of the most sensitive receivers there is .. so they can do it.

Looks as if 7w is turning out to be a gem of a sat for motorised owners.

Could do without people telling us what HD football they can get though. :rotfl:

Looks as if 7w is turning out to be a gem of a sat for motorised owners.

Absolutely - I thought that they would just make it harder & harder at 7w like AB4 / Nilesat 201 & Badr6 & 5 @ 26e .. I didn't even follow the launch... I just happened to be scanning a receiver for a customer within hours of it going live & all the channels came up ... :smashin: & it's only got better since ...

Could do without people telling us what HD football they can get though. :rotfl:

nice presentation too - like Showsports was - that was only c. £500 but you needed a £2000- £3000 dish install...

I can pick over 600 channels with my 1.2m Channel Master, Sharp LNB an old Relook/IPbox 400s in West London

Getting top movies with 50% quality on 1.1m triax dish with black ultra lnb,perfect picture and no break up :)
Anybody know if I can update my technomate 5400 super+ so I can get listings in the peg for al jazeera sport?
Also paid for the espn option for al jazeera on nilesat,anyone receiving this channel any views? Am awaiting mine to be switched on

Getting top movies with 50% quality on 1.1m triax dish with black ultra lnb,perfect picture and no break up :)
Anybody know if I can update my technomate 5400 super+ so I can get listings in the peg for al jazeera sport?
Also paid for the espn option for al jazeera on nilesat,anyone receiving this channel any views? Am awaiting mine to be switched on

Lol I meant *epg:facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom