Top Gun S.E. R1 just announced: full specs!!!!

seeing as the USA version has a french track I suspect the DVDnotsosoon disk will have dts. but at just over a fiver I aint too fussed - it'll go on ebay if it hasnt :)

Thanks gorshin I will order it from DvDnotsosoon tommorrow.

Dave.

Music vids are not v good quality and the theme tune vid omg dont he look a cock lol

lol ^^^ agreed. Man oh man, the DTS track on this film is awesome. Really brilliant, great use of the rears and the blast of the engine... feels like I'm actually there (this is with an average set up aswell!).
PQ isn't great but its certainly not terrible. Grainy but nowhere near as bad as some films e.g. Aliens, Predator. Some picture noise aswell but overall, I didn't mind the PQ that much.

Am I the only one to notice the extra scenes that have been added?? :D

There are extra aerial scenes compared to the original R1 Paramount release....each just lasting only two or three seconds.

:confused: :confused:

Can anybody confirm or deny the extra aerial scenes? And if they are extra were they included on the previous region 2?

Interestingly - my order from cd-wow says pre-release on my order status although it says instock on the website

Got mine yesterday and the DTS sound is awesome.

I did the mistake of ordering it through loaded247, saw that even upto yesterday they had not shipped it, when I called, they said they did not know when they were getting it, so missing out.........

Have ordered it through CDWOW, can;t wait after hearing about the DTS sound that everyone is raving about!!

The soundtrack is great....but I'm a wee bit disappointed in the PQ....it's very grainy in places. :( Almost as if some scenes weren't restored/cleaned up properly. :confused:

Toothy said:
The soundtrack is great....but I'm a wee bit disappointed in the PQ....it's very grainy in places. :( Almost as if some scenes weren't restored/cleaned up properly. :confused:

Maybe its supposed to be grainy. Aliens and Predator are two films that are really grainy on DVD because that's how they were filmed. Top Gun might be the same (was too young to see any of these when they first came out, so have to go off what I read!). Anyway, I don't mind the grain, so long as they don't mess with the picture to "clean it up".

Sorry...I didn't explain myself properly.....some scenes are pin-sharp....the next scene is grainy.....then it returns to a sharp picture again. :confused: :( :(

Just received mine! This must be a new record, only 5 days with a weekend in between!!! Most of my post from the mainland takes more!

PS: I quote: "...English 6.1 DTS Surround..."!!!

i've now ordered mine from dvd soon £6 not bad was going to wait till the R2 version came out to avoid all the french writing on the cover but the R2 isnt now comming out till 4th of april is too long to wait

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom