Top Gun: Maverick Movie Review & Comments

September 7th here in the U.K. according to iTunes.

Just noticed iTunes has just put up a release date for Top Gun Maverick
Not sure if accurate as means it’s just a bit over 2 weeks away. Might be an earlier digital release with physical discs next month
View attachment 1734781
Digital releases seem to be a couples week ahead of physical disks so yeah that's likely about right.

September 7th here in the U.K. according to iTunes.
Where are you seeing that as the UK store listing has no date attached to it from what I can see?
Also 7th is a Wednesday which is a tad unusual as usually new listings go live on Mondays.

Where are you seeing that as the UK store listing has no date attached to it from what I can see?
Also 7th is a Wednesday which is a tad unusual as usually new listings go live on Mondays.
Pre-order section on the AppleTV app…

1CFFDD3B-B049-4395-9306-48487A38C9FC.jpeg

Might have to look in the ‘ATV’ app instead of ’Movies’ app or vice versa.
That is the ATV app, same via the Movies app.
Interesting though that Indy’s screenshot says available to rent 7th sep rather than coming 7th sept.

That is the ATV app, same via the Movies app.
Interesting though that Indy’s screenshot says available to rent 7th sep rather than coming 7th sept.
Surely won’t be £13.99 rental from 7th?! 😳

Surely won’t be £13.99 to rent from 7th?! 😳
Nah I’m thinking that maybe it could arrive on the 22nd and then available to rent from the 7th.
Either that or it’s just a mistake considering it doesn’t seem to be currently showing that info elsewhere.

2 week rental windows for the big stuff seems increasingly common.

I am going to 4K Blu Ray this one though, fo sho

2 week rental windows for the big stuff seems increasingly common.

I am going to 4K Blu Ray this one though, fo sho
Indeed, I think you can get away this some of these movies streaming them and watching on a tv, but I have noticed that once you put them up on a projector you seem notice the quality drop in the content.

Indeed, I think you can get away this some of these movies streaming them and watching on a tv, but I have noticed that once you put them up on a projector you seen notice the quality drop in the content.
I used to be a fanatical collector. I can remember being heavily involved in the Blu v HD DVD war, siding with blu, but making the point that we would always back physical media.

Then, over the years, I didn't really care. Good 4k streaming was enough, particularly with 'only' Sonos surround. So, I was happy with D+ for the Marvel/Star Wars etc and bought tentpole stuff on Apple TV.

BUT, for Maverick, it will join my meagre collection of 4K Blu Rays, because it is absolutely a must have.

I used to be a fanatical collector. I can remember being heavily involved in the Blu v HD DVD war, siding with blu, but making the point that we would always back physical media.

Then, over the years, I didn't really care. Good 4k streaming was enough, particularly with 'only' Sonos surround. So, I was happy with D+ for the Marvel/Star Wars etc and bought tentpole stuff on Apple TV.

BUT, for Maverick, it will join my meagre collection of 4K Blu Rays, because it is absolutely a must have.
Streaming is all well and good, there is obviously a huge market out there for it but I still can’t bring myself to pay for just a licence to stream something, I want that physical item on my shelf but I am certainly being a lot more picky now than I was say 10 years ago but this will be a day one purchase without a doubt.

Last edited:
Needs 22 million to take 13th highest from Black Panther. Not quite sure it has the legs. Should pass Last Jedi....
Now a bigger movie than Black Panther, can it pass Ultron?

Back from third viewing. As soon as the top gun music kicks in...tu nu nu#

The 17 year old absolutely loved it. Said it was the best movie he'd ever seen in the cinema! The flying, the stunts were the things that impressed. I said because there was no CGI the action is alive and visceral. He agreed. He had a big grin, just like me when I first saw it. He wants to see it again.
I told him to take his mates to watch it.

It was marketed at the 35+ crowd but this just shows TGM would smash it with the teenage marvel crowd too. Anyone would appreciate the cinematography, visceral action and taut end to end running time.

Last edited:
Maverick ain’t got nothing on this pilot’s flyby/landing. :D

Just had an email from Amazon. Disc release date is 31st October, and my 4K copy will arrive on the 5th November

Conflicted.

Want the Blu Ray.

Want to watch in glorious 4k and Atmos asap.

A double purchase? :O Never done such a thing. Difficult to justify. Hard to ignore.

Conflicted.

Want the Blu Ray.

Want to watch in glorious 4k and Atmos asap.

A double purchase? :O Never done such a thing. Difficult to justify. Hard to ignore.
Rent it digitally then buy it in October?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom