Top Gun: Maverick Movie Review & Comments

I couldn't resist and have pre ordered the steelbook :D

Incredible numbers. Is this gonna be Tom’s biggest (commercially) film of all time?

FA31CE17-5C2E-4178-97BC-D05B5AE4D762.jpeg

I know Tom reads these forums so happy 60th sir
This shouldn't be allowed as I remember him being a young actor just starting out while I was still in school. Accepting he's now 60 means I'll have to admit I'm less than 10 years away from that birthday myself.

This shouldn't be allowed as I remember him being a young actor just starting out while I was still in school.

If I recall correctly, two films called TAPS and RISKY BUSINESS were amongst his first and both blew me away as a youngster. :)

The number of dodgy links trying to be shared on here with “links” to the film really makes me laugh! If there is ONE forum where people won’t put up with - in the best case scenario - 720p footage of the film and stereo sound, it’s THIS one. And the chances are it’s gonna be even worse 😂

The number of dodgy links trying to be shared on here with “links” to the film really makes me laugh! If there is ONE forum where people won’t put up with - in the best case scenario - 720p footage of the film and stereo sound, it’s THIS one. And the chances are it’s gonna be even worse 😂
Haha. In my younger days, I once downloaded a dodgy cam from a cinema only to find that even the community had "nuked" or disqualified the posting as the soundtrack had excessive popcorn noise. :facepalm:

Bit late but managed to drag my brother along to an IMAX screening last week.

As people who generally do not go to the cinema even before the pandemic, (last time was the Matrix sequels in 2003) I have to say the experience more than met our expectations and then some.

From the numbers it seems they made the correct decision by keeping this one in the can until it was able to be shown in cinemas and it absolutely deserves to be experienced in the best available format possible. I'll be waiting for the 4k UHD bluray release also.

As a soundtrack/score guy I was disappointed that the OST release is missing several scores and cues, apparently one of the most important scores is available on the Japan release as a
Canyon Dogfight.
Can only hope they release an expanded ST and that it doesn't turn into another Tron Legacy OST debacle.

Bit late but managed to drag my brother along to an IMAX screening last week.

As people who generally do not go to the cinema even before the pandemic, (last time was the Matrix sequels in 2003) I have to say the experience more than met our expectations and then some.

From the numbers it seems they made the correct decision by keeping this one in the can until it was able to be shown in cinemas and it absolutely deserves to be experienced in the best available format possible. I'll be waiting for the 4k UHD bluray release also.

As a soundtrack/score guy I was disappointed that the OST release is missing several scores and cues, apparently one of the most important scores is available on the Japan release as a
Canyon Dogfight.
Can only hope they release an expanded ST and that it doesn't turn into another Tron Legacy OST debacle.
You can grab some of the missing score from Microsoft Flight Simulator until they release the full version, supposedly Lorne confirmed they would be on Facebook.

You can grab some of the missing score from Microsoft Flight Simulator until they release the full version, supposedly Lorne confirmed they would be on Facebook.
Thanks for the information, I shall see what I can extract from the PCK files in the mean time.

Do you know What? if I were a cinema with IMAX facilities, I'd show TOP GUN followed by TOP GUN MAVERICK.

Never gonna happen, of course, but it would be pretty damn cool. :thumbsup:

Have resisted watching this til the UHD home release. Even after those Box office numbers and every man and his dog saying this is a 10/10 , I hope it lives up to the hype when I finally get around to watching it :)

I think it will run out of steam at about 22nd biggest of all time (worldwide). Can't see it shifting Iron Man (1.215 billion) or Fate of the Furious (1.236) but would be great to see it in Top 20.

Needs another £100m to get to those levels.

Have resisted watching this til the UHD home release. Even after those Box office numbers and every man and his dog saying this is a 10/10 , I hope it lives up to the hype when I finally get around to watching it :)
I know what you mean! I’ve seen it twice, it’s a 10/10 from me and I don’t often give a 10 in my head. My wife hasn’t seen it, and has asked a bunch of questions about me maybe loving the first one (I don’t, seen it twice, not that fussed) and whether seeing the first one was important (not really for me…) and worry that when we watch it at home it won’t quite hit the mark for her and will make us both question our decisions leading to this moment…
Sure it’ll be fine…
Definitely…
Right..?

Haha .... I sure hope it lives up to the hype... Im quietly optimistic !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom