Top Gun: Maverick (4K UHD/Blu-ray Steelbook)

On HMV online it’s had ‘sold out’ until today, it said ‘preorder now’ so I logged in, preordered, everything seems to have gone through ok, got confirmation email, but now online, a minute later it’s saying sold out again

Also whilst it’s states my order in the confirmation email, it also has ‘sold out’ underneath, just wondering if anyone else has had this before..? And will it have gone through ok?, thanks View attachment 1739189

You'll have snagged one of the cancellations they've put back up, you've got a confirmation email so you should be fine. The email is just using the current listing status so nothing to worry about.

Just had an email from Amazon saying mine will be delivered by the 5th November - though I note that @RedDevil85 has posted a release date of the 31st October.

Either way, the clock is ticking! :thumbsup:

edit: Amazon themselves have confirmed the release date of 31st October - not sure why they said I'd get mine in November! 🤷‍♂️

That's just the standard Amazon delivery estimate, it'll always be a few days after release date to cover themselves. Having said that, Amazon pre-orders quite often don't arrive by/on release date so that may end up being accurate...

Release date: 31st October 2022

Confirmed artwork:
TGM.jpg

TGM (packshot).jpg

Attachments

• TGM (inside).jpg
    TGM (inside).jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 33
  • TGM (back).jpg
    TGM (back).jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Goooood evening aviators, that artwork will do nicely!

It's the same as the IMAX promo posters they gave out at some cinemas.

Cracking artwork. :thumbsup:

I will probably order from the US, just in case. That artwork deserves gloss...

6q5np5.gif

loving that steelbook artwork and was very tempted to dip back into it but when did they become £35!? Last time i bought one it was premium £25!

Is there any reliable details on the UHD yet with regards to IMAX scenes?

loving that steelbook artwork and was very tempted to dip back into it but when did they become £35!? Last time i bought one it was premium £25!

The 4K Ultra HD will feature Dolby Vision HDR (along with HDR10) and both the Blu-ray and 4K will have Dolby Atmos audio. What’s more, our sources are suggesting that the film will be presented in a variable aspect ratio that shifts from 2.39:1 to 1.78:1 for scenes shot in IMAX format. However, this was not officially mentioned in the studio’s press release, so we’re working to confirm it directly with studio sources and we’ll post an update here as soon as we hear back from them.
[Editor’s Note: We have now confirmed with Paramount Home Entertainment that Top Gun: Maverick on Blu-ray, 4K Ultra HD, and Digital WILL indeed feature a variable aspect ratio presentation that shifts back and forth from 2.39 to 1.78 for the IMAX sequences.]

variable for digital as well!! Lets see if iTunes holds that!! Cant wait for next week!

Yes this is true. I’ve definitely cut back but this release is an absolute day one. I don’t buy as much now due to rising living costs. I’ve given a miss to the likes of Raging Bull, Misery, Dog Soldiers to name a few because of prices now. Not alone I bet. I’m very selective now with the last ones I bought being the dollars trilogy (again must haves for me). Maverick ? Not a chance I’m missing this even at the ridiculous price

Ah ok. I prefer the ‘brownish’ one which appears to be the non-exclusive that everyone has.

Amazon, HMV and Zavvi have all sold out preorders now (for the time being)

Lovely artwork but £35? :(

I stopped buying steels a while ago due to the complete saturation and costs getting out of hand, they were only around £20-25 back then!

Will stick with the standard UHD.

Lovely artwork but £35? :(

I stopped buying steels a while ago due to the complete saturation and costs getting out of hand, they were only around £20-25 back then!

Will stick with the standard UHD.
£20-£25? You must have missed the days of Play.com then? Really nice glossy embossed steelbooks for a tenner or not much more and sent in proper cushioned packaging.... :(

As per my Thor rant, is it just me or is it really not fair that the people who want the best quality format have to wait the longest to get it?

Maverick is available now for £11 digitally, and we have to wait until 31st October for a UHD Disc release at £35. By the time our release comes out, it will probably be free on streaming or Sky!

As per my Thor rant, is it just me or is it really not fair that the people who want the best quality format have to wait the longest to get it?

Maverick is available now for £11 digitally, and we have to wait until 31st October for a UHD Disc release at £35. By the time our release comes out, it will probably be free on streaming or Sky!
£13.99 for the 4K digitally.
£25 for the standard (non-steel book) UHD disc.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom