Top Gun: Maverick / 2-Film Collection 4K UHD

Indiana Jones

Somebody on another forum (who kinda knows their stuff) is confident that this will have switching ratios for the IMAX footage :clap:
That is indeed good news.

Speaking of good news my local Showcase has put this back on their biggest screen so I am off to see it again Tuesday evening :)

steviedr

Distinguished Member
Yeah, when I had a 2:40:1 projector screen, Nolan’s films (IMAX switching) annoyed me as the image is projected over the actual screen.
Now I just have a tv I love the auto ratio switch as it obviously fills the screen never mind the additional detail via clearer IMAX image.
So I can understand both sides of the argument

domtheone

Distinguished Member
Yeh it’s a pain for Projector owers but i guess the ratio of projector owners to TV owners is thousands to one so on balance, a welcome release.

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Oh right. What’s the issue ? Unreliable info ?

Not going to derail this thread further but there was some recent stuff posted in the Highlander thread for examples. Generally a nasty piece of work who likes to use harassment and intimidation of any who dare call him out on any of his BS. Got banned on Blu-ray forum too for crap on there.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
Oh right. What’s the issue ? Unreliable info ?
Just had a Google of the name & seems a right nasty scumbag.

Also just seen his post about Titanic UHD coming in 2022 too, so his post about IMAX scenes on Maverick might be nothing more than B.S, based on nothing but guesswork.

Jim Di Griz

Distinguished Member
Not going to derail this thread further but there was some recent stuff posted in the Highlander thread for examples. Generally a nasty piece of work who likes to use harassment and intimidation of any who dare call him out on any of his BS. Got banned on Blu-ray forum too for crap on there.
Mind you...Im currently suspended there because I questioned a certain reviewer there - along with many others who did same!

RedDevil85

Distinguished Member
Just had a Google of the name & seems a right nasty scumbag.

Also just seen his post about Titanic UHD coming too, so his post about IMAX scenes on Maverick might be nothing more than B.S, based on nothing but guesswork.

He gets most of his "scoops" from Blu-ray.com but always made out otherwise, just a fake and hated being called out. Anyway back to Maverick, the IMAX news came from over there too and from a usually reliable poster on info so that should be true.

barnaby jones

Distinguished Member
I don’t go on the Blu ray forum, regardless I’ll give him a wide birth from now on.
Anyhow, I assume this’ll end on on Paramount+ before we get a disc, I wonder if they’ll do the imax ratios.

sammy the squid

Distinguished Member
I don’t go on the Blu ray forum, regardless I’ll give him a wide birth from now on.
Anyhow, I assume this’ll end on on Paramount+ before we get a disc, I wonder if they’ll do the imax ratios.
Before you get to the aspect ratio, I’d be asking how badly neutered the resolution and audio will be. Worth waiting for the disc, wether the regular blu or 4k blu.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom