Top Gear

Fastest faith was a fun idea, the Roman Catholic and the Church of England fellas look like they enjoyed thrashing the Bishop.

Rick Parfitt crashing his Porsche on M3 falling asleep at 120mph, landing in a field without waking up till later, true Spinal Tap.

Any truth the presenters have had a difference of opinion with the production team, when show returns in March it will be sans who ? Jezza probably.

its been a few weeks now an i have to say im less than impressed clarkson cant drive for **** that fat fella does my head in an the other fella has no presence at all.5th gear is a hell of a lot better IMHO an i would be surprised to see clarkson on the show next series mind you its not like he was having his door smashed down with offers.i found his chat show quite funny to be honest but it was never gonna last was it anyway back to top gear 1 hour is far to long to be watching this programme with its current presenters aswell.if it was originall presenters then fair enough but apart from clarkson there hopeless as is clarksons driving i didnt realise why they let tiff do the proper driving an let clarkson do the fiestas etc I DO NOW.im not colin mcrae nore schumacher i dont even have a performance car but his lack of driving an his constant moaning about it starts wearing thin.he had a go at the elise because he couldnt get it to oversteer the lotus fella gets in first time an pulls it off constantly an no prob,now he has a go a the maserrati cornering an the stig does it in a hell of a lot worse weather condition than he was driving.how can you critercise car handling if you cant yourself drive the car :confused:

Originally posted by SILVERBACK
that fat fella does my head in an the other fella has no presence at all.

Agreed :).

I can't tell when Jezza is being provocative or when he is being arrogantly stupid, i.e. his comment that the Nissan 300ZX TT was a crap car is the opinion of a person who knows nothing about anything with wheels.
Just because you are quite tall and can mimic an Oxbridge accent don't make you an authority on anything.

Unfortunately the Beeb falls for it every time, the obsequiousness of de liddle fella is tragic to behold.

Originally posted by gringottsdirect
Agreed :).

I can't tell when Jezza is being provocative or when he is being arrogantly stupid, i.e. his comment that the Nissan 300ZX TT was a crap car is the opinion of a person who knows nothing about anything with wheels.
Just because you are quite tall and can mimic an Oxbridge accent don't make you an authority on anything.

Unfortunately the Beeb falls for it every time, the obsequiousness of de liddle fella is tragic to behold.

Got to stick up for JC Im afraid, if you read his book, he never implies hes a brilliant driver, just an average one and thats the whole point.

Most of us are average drivers, so if we want to hammer our pride and joys round a racetrack and experience a few thrills, then he is giving an idea of what an average driver will feel about a car not a professional.
When he worked for Motoring mags, he was happy to give glowing testimonys for any manufacturers vehicle as it ensured plenty of test cars winged his way along with the launches of new cars in tropical locations, with loads of booze and food. But as a magazine writer he was invisible.
When he moved to TG, he realised he was a public figure and had a responsibility to give his honest opinion of the cars tested or he had people in the street giving him grief, so he tells it as it is, if he doesnt think it performs in the manner it is advertised he tells you.

This thread is quite amusing

The shows both have there own merits I for one like TG although some of the rebound jokes the little fella makes kinda make me cringe

LOL at all those peeps who are really impressed by 5 sec 0-60 cars, very true they are very impressive if you want one go and get one you only live life once and there is no point going to your grave thinking (amongst other things) I wonder what it would have been like to own a real performance car !!!! you dont have to buy the latest models thanks to the 80's/early 90's there are plenty of silly quick cars for not to much cash if you want one a prime example is the nissan sunny gtir they never sold them over here but what few that have been imported go for about £4000 it's a 2.0 turbo 4X4 its silly quick (about 5 sec to 60) if you can keep your lead foot under control it will return reasonable mileage for a car of its type expect insurance to be £1000 ~ £1500 per year for a normal person in an average area over 25 yr old serious smile inducer :D

Originally posted by Blighty_Boy
This thread is quite amusing
LOL at all those peeps who are really impressed by 5 sec 0-60 cars

Whats needed is a 600c+ bike, forget the car and have 0-60 in around 3 seconds at a fraction of the cost by around 5 seconds your up around the ton. Eat my fumes supercars ;)

yeah but anyone can own a quick bike not everyone can own a supercar thats what makes them so desirable, its the fact i cant have a supercar that makes me want one more than a bike :p :D

Who saw Top Gear last night.

I couldn't stop laugthing at Murry Walker driving that Mclaren F1. :eek: I'm suprised his hart didn't stop beating. :D Then when that 'Test Driver' was driving Murry round in it Murry nearly had an Orgasm. :rolleyes: It was funny.

Also, when they used FireForce to burn that Nissan Sunny to bits and then a Caravan. :laugh:

Originally posted by ytgti

Also, when they used FireForce to burn that Nissan Sunny to bits and then a Caravan. :laugh:
He would have a full time job if it was up to me and those caravans.:laugh:

Bugger :mad: missed it. Anyone know if it will be repeated during the week?

"I am a driving God!" ;) :clap:

Cracked me up :rotfl: - get's the award for "things you wish you'd never said" in my book anyway! :D (And just how awesome was that 4x4 thing!! :eek:)

K.

Oh that WildCat thing. Want it a Discovery or something.

By it shifted with that other guy driving it. :eek: :smashin:

Think it was based on a Landrover, but had a hybrid Landrover/TVR engine - pumped out about 450bhp (IIRC), and did 0-60 in 4.8 :eek:

Chassis was totally overhauled and strengthened too - virtually bomb proof from the sound of things. What was it they said? - Drop it off of a 40ft cliff onto it's nose and it'd just carry on going (or something similar!).

I want one :devil:

K.

Then the 'Stig' took it round the Top Gear track, :eek: :suicide:

It handled well at some points :smashin: What was the song he had playing in it? :rotfl:

It'd be just right for monday morning traffic!:smashin:

WHERE THE HELL CAN I FIND INFO AND PICTURES?!

My buddy and I saw this on the telly just the other day and need some **** on it. The internet sucks at providing info on it...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom