1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Gear To Finish On BBC

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Garrett, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    I see Top Gear is finishing on BBC2 but is moving to Ch5. I believe the BBC will be making a new motoring program.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

2. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The BBC prog` starts in Jan` I think,my works is adjoining to a Jaguar dealership and the Top Gear lot where in recently trying to source one for this upcoming series,you know the spiel at the end of the current show about "are you looking to buy a car in the next few months,then contact us" seems they have 3 dif` makes and then they thrash the knackers off them and the guy chooses which one he likes,if he`s keen on being on first name terms with the service manager at his local dealership then by all means plump for the Jag,I`ve never seen so many cars come back every day on the back of breakdown lorrys,so if anyone is thinking of winning the lottery and treating themselves to a `big cat`you have been warned,wow! how far can you get away from the home cinema thread :eek:

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    My understanding is that Channel 5 have poached all of the presenters and production staff from Top Gear to make a motoring program for them.

Top Gear will be back on BBC with different presenters and a different format. Apparently the female program controller thought that Top Gear was too laddish and didn't fit in with the current Beeb image for attracting female viewers with endless makeover programs.

Ian

4. Bone Daddy

Bone Daddy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Crazy i`snt it,I think Top Gear is up in the top ratings for BBC 2,pulls in something like 8 million or so per week,and a fair percentage of that audience is of the :kisses: variety,hopefully the change to CHN 5 should result in them producing an even better prog` just to show the beeb what they have lost,so long as there is some sort of car prog`on our screens and we get to see Needel thrash the knackers off some exotic throughbread now and then I will be :D

5. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As long as i can still get my fix of VICKY BUTLER HENDERSON at least once a week i`ll be happy, i don`t care what channel i watch her on.

6. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    The BBC may even get the trendy wobbly camera men in to make you sick.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.