Top Gear to become USA show??

Steve_P

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I heard on the radio today that Jezza, Hamster and May the hippy are about to close a deal that would see Top Gear move to the USA. :eek: Did I imagine this or does anyone else have some more info about it? :confused: I thought the last series seemed a bit short of episodes, even when considering Hamster's recovery from his off road experience.

Good luck to the guys if true. :smashin:

S.

from what i read in the paper there will still be Top Gear for the UK

but BBC will also produce Top Gear USA which has been picked up by some network and it will basically be like the UK version but chatting about US cars, dunno how well that will go becuase the top gear guys just slate them usually.

Plenty of ads in the TopGear eps shown on the UKTV channels . I'm not so sure about the viability of the programme , for the US anyway . They have hardly been flattering about US cars in the past (even JC's beloved GT40 eventually got slagged) . I can see it now , Ep 5 and JC says "Yet again , Great , until I went off the end of the runway ' cos it wouldn't go round a corner ! Can we get a longer runway ? Are the Bonneville flats available ?" :rotfl:

John

I'm not sure the humour will translate will it.... I see Clarkson and hi steam as having a very 'English' wit

could this simply be a way for the team to a) make a lot of money very quickly and b) take the mickey out of the folks over the pond to their faces without them realising?..lol

given the way the top gear humour works (the episode in the last series with slogans on their cars going through the deep south spring to anyones mind?) i can almost see this being the reason Top Gear USA might exist :D

thing is, the show is extremely popular over in the states and canada....so i imagine they will do very well over there......just hope they dont let the UK show suffer as a result.....Top Gear really relied on its fans to make the show a success....to dump on them would be a pathetic shame....

I'm not so sure about the viability of the programme , for the US anyway . They have hardly been flattering about US cars in the past (even JC's beloved GT40 eventually got slagged) .

Maybe that's the point and the complacent dinosaur that is the US car industry could benefit from a kicking. Besides they could just as easily talk about European cars that are aimed at the US specifically.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom