TOP GEAR - Series 12 - Start Date

err no thanks

Fair dinkum sport. :D

nice one! its got a lot to live up to after the best ever series of 5th gear.

:eek: I fast forward most of fifth gear. In fact its the only tv program I watch but fast forward through most of it.

IMO Top Gear is in a different league. :)

:eek: I fast forward most of fifth gear. In fact its the only tv program I watch but fast forward through most of it.

IMO Top Gear is in a different league. :)

i was in the same boat as you! i would have practically had a fist fight with someone if they had said that 5th gear was in the same league as TG but the last series of both has changed my mind. the two presenters on 5th gear are genuine car fans and havent yet been turned into 'make it as far out as it can go' presenters.

having said that i still love TG and will watch every episode (probably about 5 times on dave)

Mark

Channel Dave is great.

The reason why I watch fifth gear is mainly for the reviews. They cover allot more cars than top gear which is a big plus for them and their reviews are decent giving a fair bit of info.

I do think that fifth gear tries to copy top gear which is understandable, even the OZ version of top gear was an exact copy down to even the Stig. I mainly fast forward rubbish cars, track day stuff and other general nonsense on fifth gear, I dont think I have seen a whole episode of fifth gear in a long time.

I like the show which is why I still record it every week, its just not as good as Top gear for me. Top gear is one of my fav programs on tv and well worth the license fee for me. :)

Last edited:
can't stand that new fifth gear presenter who comes across as piers morgan's younger, more yobbish brother.

reviews are good though.

Thanks, but I think I’ll be giving this series a miss. I like JC and TG used to be a Sunday night “must watch”. I never thought I’d say this, but I’m now getting a tad bored with its format - a bit of news, a challenge between the presenters (which JC always wins), then a review of a supercar which nobody watching can afford (well me anyway), then a star in reasonably priced car, then the conclusion of the challenge, then the final witty comment by JC before the credits roll. As I said before, all now a bit boring and predictable :boring:. As for 5th Gear, I thoroughly enjoyed the last series, it has good reviews, the presenters seem knowledgeable and enthusiastic. It just all seems a bit more normal and down to earth. Also 5thG has its trump card – VBH! :D Nuff said…………..

Good to hear your enjoying it. :)

I have only seen the first one and it was a bit of a shock and obviously not as good as the UK one. The main reason I wanted to see it was curiosity (what does an OZ version of TG look like) and the different cars they have to us in the UK. :)

Fair dinkum sport. :D

I always thought it was "Faired Income":D
The yanks do Top Gear eh, jesus look at their stig.
stig.jpg

Last edited:
I always thought it was "Faired Income":D
The yanks do Top Gear eh, jesus look at their stig.
stig.jpg

LOL.... Looks like their stig has had too many pancakes for breakfast. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom