• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Top gear returns 27th june

denzyl

Its back this Sunday 27th June 8.00 pm (20.00) :clap:
this run is a six parter
1st part is supposed to include Clarkson and the Robin Reliant and a brand new reasonably priced car for the celebs

Battle

Distinguished Member
And apparently James May driving up an active volcano in Iceland. Could it be Top Gear that caused the ash cloud :D:D

stevos

Distinguished Member
Great news its back, just ashame we are all going to be too drunk after the England v Germany game to actually watch it.

vader100

:clap:Have to get it entered into the sky planner. Just as I was thinking there is nothing on TV left to watch after so many series finished the BBC pull out a blinder.

denzyl

Loved the Robin Reliant item when Clarkson arrives at a Reliant fan club rolling over in his :D

sean5302

Banned
A very poor show, this time, IMHO.

They've clearly cut the budget too far.

Most of the time they were just lolloping about at the side of the track watching z-listers driving the Kia Cee'd.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
A couple of laughs but mostly fast forward fodder for me, I hope it gets better than that. Hammond's hair gets even more ridiculous ever season doesn't it :eek:

vader100

Oh cheer up you grumpy buggers. It's still 3 blokes arsing around with cars like it's always been.

IAN P

Distinguished Member
Very funny in places, the Reliant scenes were good, especially the cricket match scene with "Dickie" Bird.

The barbecue had its moments as well.:D

The format works, no need to chenge it.:thumbsup:

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I found the program last night to be more entertaining than the first one, so I'm happy again :D For me the first episode was boring apart from the excellent Reliant Robin bit, whereas this week was consistent all the way through.

Steven

Senior Moderator
An improvement but still not quite there. Seems to have lost the mojo

Did not like the guest. I appreciate an actor might also be plugging a new show but they probably would not invoke the same feeling of something you have stepped in which is not very nice

Battle

Distinguished Member
I see this Reliant gag getting overused, but i can't help myself laughing at it everytime.

I would actually like to see the Stig actually do a lap in the Reliant and see what time it actually posts. Should be good for a laugh.

IAN P

Distinguished Member
Clarkson asking Rupert Grint if "he was nursing a semi" whilst working with Emma Watson.:laugh:

I can hear the complaints from the Daily Mail crowd already.

Garrett

Same old stupid reviews.

I just caught the last 3 minutes of last weeks installment where they were comparing 3 sports cars but summing up something like this JC : the Maserati idiotic, would drive you mad in 5 minutes and after 5 week would fall to pieces. But for me by a country mile it would be the Maserati. And me says James May, and me by a long long way says Hamster.
Clarkson there you have it we all agree the worst car is the best.:thumbsdow

HMHB

Distinguished Member
Yes they quite often do that. The review says that the car is unreliable and will fall to bits or it's useless around corners etc. Then they conclude that they would buy it because it's like that :eek:

I don't pay much attention to their preferences and recommendations now, I just treat the show as entertainment.

Junglist

Having driven the Maserati a couple of years ago, I would love to own one. But the reliability puts me off. So I have to agree with the TG boys that out of the three they showed it would be the only one I would have despite the reputation that Italian marques have.

Also, being an ex-Mercedes owner loved the clip about the E63 AMG, but again like Clarkson, I wouldn't get that engine on the E-class as I don't like the current shape, would prefer the SL (or even the new SLS).

Mr Original

I think you are missing the point of the show if you question their reviews and comparisons of the type of motor vehicles they display. :facepalm:

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Comparing a German saloon car to a 2 door american muscle car is just plain stupid but I still love the show.

Just noticed my sentence above sounds like one of Clarkson's reviews.

Steven

Senior Moderator
Watched the repeat (as I made the mistake of watching the WC final...)

I quite liked it. Yes their conclusion in the three-way saloon shoot-out was questionable but if you have £100k to spend then I think TG's opinion is your final point of reference :laugh: Predictability of the wedding set-up aside I liked the ep. Two good guests as well and for once Clarkson's questions weren't completely about filling 5 minutes
- before anyone reminds me it was a real couple, I am merely referring to the scripted nature of the entire thing ;)

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I was really pleased for Rubens Barrichello, he looked really chuffed with his lap didn't he. Seems like a decent genuine chap :)

Steven

Senior Moderator
Yeah had an inkling it would be a good time because he teased Jenson after the race on BBC

IAN P

Distinguished Member
We know it's contrived, but tonight's episode had me laughing out loud. That 3 tier jobby Clarkson was driving had me in tears.:rotfl:

Childish humour, but damn funny with it.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom