• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

top gear polar special this thursday.

for all the people that missed this great episode last time round,its getting repeated this thursday bbc hd.

agreed was brilliant.

Jason56d

Watched it SD last time as it was on the week before I got my SkyHD. Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup:

its well worth the watch,some stunning scenes in it if only every top gear was on bbc hd.

gers1978

Remember even though it's on BBC HD, it's upscaled SD, not HD, as far as I know (based on the fact it doesn't have HD next to it in the info banner on the guide)

neilybealy

Remember even though it's on BBC HD, it's upscaled SD, not HD, as far as I know (based on the fact it doesn't have HD next to it in the info banner on the guide)

on the guide on the sky website it wasn't listed as hd but when i got home yesterday and checked the remote record worked (;)) the planner was showing hd in the info bar

mannyo

The polar special is a true HD broadcast and not upscaled SD, the quality of it the first time round was fantastic compared to the SD version. As I forgot to record it last time (doh) I have set up the record remotely so I dont forget.

oasismark

Distinguished Member
Was good but not as good as the american one.

I wonder if that will be shown in HD ever.

That was the funniest car programme ever!

reckless

Thought this was brilliant - superb pic quality and the sheer idiocy of the three of them made for an excellent show. Even my wife enjoyed it ;)

Say what you like though - James May certainly knows how to travel well with his g&t, chablis and pate de fois gras. Who else would take what appeared to be a Fortnum and Masons hamper to the North Pole.:thumbsup:

HRL

Was good but not as good as the american one.

I wonder if that will be shown in HD ever.

That was the funniest car programme ever!

I second that. Polar special was good but the American episode was better.

It would be nice if the BBC surprised us and broadcasted more HD. :(

Giblets2

Anyone know when the new series starts? On SD I mean...

:offtopic:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom