top gear cruel wait

Starburst

Novice Member
I'd have recorded it even if it was on at 8pm in HD and watched the footy so no loss, at least this week anyway, the WC final means no TG at all I believe.

HDCriticalFan

Novice Member
I never understand this sort of complaint :confused:

I've recorded it ... and I'll watch it at my convenience. It might be tonight ... or it might be later in the week.

I hadn't even realised that BBC2 were showing it a couple of hours earlier than BBCHD ... so what ?!?!?

Sometimes (esp. with series) I might store up a few weeks and then have a session of back to back episodes. Isn't that the whole point of Sky+ ... not to be tied to broadcasters' schedules ?

Regards

Starburst

Novice Member
I guess there are still some "watercooler" shows that generate buzz the day after airing so some people like to be involved in that sort of thing, a few guys at work were talking about TG but it's not as if it was going to be spoilt:)

HDCriticalFan

Novice Member
I guess there are still some "watercooler" shows that generate buzz the day after airing
Understood and agreed. I don't approve of the HD showing happening a day or two later and I have griped about that in the past ... but two hours ! I mean, Dude ... seriously !

a few guys at work were talking about TG but it's not as if it was going to be spoilt:)
Agreed. In fact, not only will it not be spoiled, but you may hear something that makes you want to watch a particular item more closely. It might actually enhance your enjoyment of the show to sit and watch it after you have been pre-warned what to watch out for !

Regards

HDCriticalFan

Novice Member
I waited years to watch Dexter from the beginning in HD/16:9/DD5.1!!

This year FX HD obliged me. Well worth the wait!!
Agreed - I have to say I have become re-hooked and am watching it all over again. It is that rare thing - television which stands up well to a second viewing. I am continually surprised at just how many developments occur in each episode.

Sadly FX now has adverts and a DOG (IIRC it was free of both for quite a while). And that DOG is too far across - it was on top of people's faces last night for instance :(

Regards

when is the next series on?

John

There is one ep before chrimbo , then the chrimo special before finishing up in Jan.Feb . At least that's what James may said on the radio the other day, I think.

HMHB

Distinguished Member
There is one ep before chrimbo , then the chrimo special before finishing up in Jan.Feb . At least that's what James may said on the radio the other day, I think.
I've just done a search on DigiGuide and the only Top Gear on BBC over Christmas is a repeat. Mind you, they could well change the line-up between now and then.

There's no mention of a Christmas Special either, so I suspect it could be DigiGuide that's wrong.

dvdmike

Just had the ad for the Xmas special on before buzzcocks tonight, it's an epic adventure Iraq to bethlehem

derek500

There's two according to Digiguide. It doesn't say repeat, not sure if the first one has been on before.

MOTORING: Top Gear
On: BBC HD (169)
Date: Tuesday 21st December 2010 (starting in 11 days)
Time: 20:00 to 21:05 (1 hour and 5 minutes long)

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May compare the Mercedes SLS, the Porsche 911 GT3 RS and the Ferrari 458 Italia in an epic road trip up America's east coast. Along the way they undertake a series of challenges culminating in a fight to find the fastest way into New York, all in the name of crowning the world's greatest sports car. Plus, another celebrity takes to the track as the star in a Reasonably Priced Car.
(Stereo, Widescreen, High Definition, Subtitles, 12, 4 Star)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Marked By: 'Search for keywords' marker
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from DigiGuide For Windows - UK and Ireland desktop TV guide for your PC providing 14 days TV listings for over 620 channels

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

MOTORING: Top Gear Special
On: BBC HD (169)
Date: Sunday 26th December 2010 (starting in 16 days)
Time: 20:00 to 21:15 (1 hour and 15 minutes long)

In a special extended version of the programme, Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May embark on an appropriately seasonal road trip as they attempt to follow the path of the Three Wise Men across the Middle East. They do so in a trio of open top sports cars, each wholly unsuited to the conflict ridden mountains of southern Turkey, the dangerous warzones of Iraq and the searing deserts of Syria. Along the way they test the limits of mechanical and physical endurance as well as asking the vital question, what exactly is myrrh and where do you buy it?
(Stereo, Widescreen, High Definition, Subtitles)
Marked By: 'Search for keywords' marker
Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from DigiGuide For Windows - UK and Ireland desktop TV guide for your PC providing 14 days TV listings for over 620 channels

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom