Top end Sony LCD or Budget LG LED?

yokozuma

Established Member
Reaction score
Top end Sony LCD or Budget LG LED?

Got a bit of credit to use up from John Lewis and I am torn between the two TV's:

LG Infinia 42LE7900 LED
Buy LG Infinia 42LE7900 LED HD 1080p Television, 42 Inch with Built-in Freeview HD online at JohnLewis.com

Sony Bravia KDL40EX503U LCD
Buy Sony Bravia KDL40EX503U LCD HD 1080p Television, 40 inch with Built-in Freeview HD online at JohnLewis.com

With the VAT back the Sony will be £280 cheaper but is the LED worth that bit more?

99% of the time it will be used for Sky HD and Sky Sports so 100hz is a must which both sets have. Can't say I would use all of the Internet features so it's really just a matter of picture quality.

I've seen lots of reviews on the Sony but very few on the LG so I've got very little to go on.

Also considering Panasonic TX-L42D25B LED although I've just got an LG Cinema system so hoping the LG Simplink works with the LG Infinia and I don’t have to keep turning the system on and off when I want 5.1 for Sky.
Buy Panasonic Viera TX-L42D25B LCD/LED HD 1080p TV, 42" with Built-in freesat & Freeview HD online at JohnLewis.com

Cheers. :)

Panasonic 42" G20 at 600-650 is better than both of these sets IMHO or even the LG 50" PK590.

Out of the two sets I'd go with the Sony, its a good set and edge lit LED really isn't worth the money IMO.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom