Top Blockbuster Movies for 2020 - What does the new year have to offer?

thanks Cas - 1 to 8 are certainties for me

I trust in chris Nolan and cant wait for Tenet

Great list Cas - looking forward to all of them.

Ip Man 4 also. :D

Nearly a great list of films for me to avoid in 2020 thanks :rotfl:.

Maybe 2-3 I would watch if they got good reviews.

Clearly I'm not the intended audience for many of the films which I haven't a problem with.

Dune.

I just hope it is a major success so we can have more of the universe explored.

I'm clearly an old man now because 1-8 all bore me completely. Im just sick of the same old rehash. But I guess that's quite literally the definition of blockbuster these days.

A re visit to the DANGER ZONE is the film of the year for me....Top Gun was a " VHS Reference Dolby Surround Demo" back in the day and hopefully this sequel will do the same on 4k disc..the first trailer was awesome....loved the Maverick Reply..."But Not Today"....Biggest Movie Icon of a generation "My Gen" is Tom Cruise...and no one in Hollywood has more Box office appeal now than Mr Scientology himself...Legend in his own lifetime

Ugghhh. Only hopes are A Quiet Place and Bond.

Spielberg's "West Side Story"

only film i'm interested in is Maverick, most of the rest meh , BOND oh dear looks like its going down the Woke pan.....……………………….Ok OK Gal Gadot……...don't really care about what the film is :smashin:

AU55eSE.gif

Top Gun: Maverick

007 - No Time to Die

Tenet

Cheers.;)

Movies that I am looking forward to watching in 2020 are as follows; 1917 / BLACK WIDOW / DUNE / TENET / 007 - NO TIME TO DIE / MAVERICK and others that escape my mind right now, and there maybe the odd surprise movie.

Take care everyone

Kindest regards

I hope Dune turns out well. I rather like the Lynch original, for all its flaws. It's visually majestic, the cast (even Sting) are great, and the score is wonderful. I just hope Villeneuve resists the urge to make it far too long. That man desperately needs an editor.

As for the rest, Nolan is interesting when he's making films for adults and I guess nostalgia will require me to check out Top Gun 2. The rest though, I think I can safely skip.

Dune and Tenet are the only ones that look promising. Two great filmakers taking on ntriguing projects. The rest are all sequels or spin offs. Not really interested in that kind of thing.

Hollywood's obsession with sequels, re-makes, spin-off, and kids' movies is pretty depressing. It feels creatively bankrupt. I spend much of my time watching movies from the 70s and 80s, as frankly movies were just much better back then.

Hollywood's obsession with sequels, re-makes, spin-off, and kids' movies is pretty depressing. It feels creatively bankrupt. I spend much of my time watching movies from the 70s and 80s, as frankly movies were just much better back then.
Yawn.

I'm mainly excited for Dune, A Quiet Place Part 2, and Ghostbusters : Afterlife. I'd also be adding (the fantastic) Taylor Sheridan's Those Who Wish Me Dead, The Walking Dead movie, The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard, thriller Let Him Go which stars Kevin Costner and Diane Lane, Bill And Ted Face the Music, Tom Hanks' new post apocalyptic drama Bios and Scorsese's Killers Of The Flower Moon (if it's completed before the years end).

Last edited:

Why not go the whole hog and say "they've run out of ideas"

I'm mainly excited for Dune, A Quiet Place Part 2, and Ghostbusters : Afterlife. I'd also be adding (the fantastic) Taylor Sheridan's Those Who Wish Me Dead, The Walking Dead movie, The Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard, thriller Let Him Go which stars Kevin Costner and Diane Lane, Bill And Ted Face the Music, Tom Hanks' new post apocalyptic drama Bios and Scorsese's Killers Of The Flower Moon (if it's completed before the years end).

That's almost as many hype trains as I'm travelling on :D

Gonna be a bumper year. Unsure how I'm gonna cope!

I'm not sure you will :D

I'll need sedating a few days before tackling Top Gun and Tenet on the same day. Otherwise I'll be out of control.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom