Top 5 Subwoofers to max 4K

Deleted member 49750

Reaction score
Inspired by the Top 5 processor thread, I thought a subwoofer one would be fun too. I'll kick things off with...

In no particular order...

Martin Logan Descent

SVS B12-Plus/4

Velodyne DD-18

B&W ASW-850

Paradigm Signature Servo / Servo-15

I should also add that I have not heard all of the above and am merely going from reviews and opinions.

:devil:

Velodyne DD18 :D but i would love to hear the Martin Logan Sub & also would of thought that the Focal JMLab Sub Utopia Be should also be considered.

You in the market for a new sub then Scott3 or are you missing the Servo ? :devil:

Velodyne DD15

Paradigm Servo-15

SVS 25-31 PC+

SVS 20-39 PC+

Velodyne CHT15

Heard them, owned them, still own some of them. :)

recruit said:
You in the market for a new sub then Scott3 or are you missing the Servo ? :devil:

John,

The Servo was replaced with a HGS-18! :D

Jase said:
Velodyne DD15

Paradigm Servo-15

SVS 25-31 PC+

SVS 20-39 PC+

Velodyne CHT15

Heard them, owned them, still own some of them. :)

Some nice subs there, Jase. I wouldn't describe any of them as 'Top Subwoofers up to 4K' though. :lesson:

Scott3 said:
Some nice subs there, Jase. I wouldn't describe any of them as 'Top Subwoofers up to 4K' though. :lesson:

Just eliminated one of your choices if that's the case. :D

Anyway, that's my choice and I've gone by what I've heard rather than what I read about somewhere... :devil:

Well here goes

SVS PB12 Ultra2

DD18

REVEL b15

ASW850

M&K MX5000

Scott3 said:
John,

And :boring: :D :devil:

Any way the order i would go for is :

Velodyne DD18

SVS B12-Plus/4

Velodyne DD15

B&W 850

Focal JMLab Sub Utopia Be

Edit : I would of thought once B&W release the new 855 and 875 they will definitly be in contention... :thumbsup:

Jase said:
Just eliminated one of your choices if that's the case. :D

Anyway, that's my choice and I've gone by what I've heard rather than what I read about somewhere... :devil:

:rotfl: I see what you mean! I meant the V2. :suicide:

I think the original Paradigm Servo-15 may be a valid choice actually. ;)

Thunder,

I'd love to hear a Revel B-15 :)

Scott3 said:
I think the original Paradigm Servo-15 may be a valid choice actually. ;)

Didn't they used to catch fire and blow up, as i recall from a certain thread.. :D .... :rolleyes:

recruit said:
Didn't they used to catch fire and blow up, as i recall from a certain thread.. :D .... :rolleyes:

Mine were ok. :clap:

Maybe we should consider the Axiom E600 amongst this group?

Scott3 said:
John,

Well i never..

Adz

Scott3 said:
Thunder,

I'd love to hear a Revel B-15 :)

Do pop in chez moi, at rainy Portugal.....

Luis

Judging by the review in "Secrets" the SVS PB-12 Ultra/2 should probably be on that list and according to the "Way Down Deep" article last year there are one or two American subs that we don't hear about much over here that are are also something special - Kleiss S15A and Contrabass to name but two.

Ian J said:
Judging by the review in "Secrets" the SVS PB-12 Ultra/2 should probably be on that list and according to the "Way Down Deep" article last year there are one or two American subs that we don't hear about much over here that are are also something special - Kleiss S15A and Contrabass to name but two.
Yes, the PB12-Ultra/2 is probably the best SVS sub for music. It bested the sound of their B12-Plus/4, which uses the 'regular' Plus-drivers. I have yet to hear a good comparison for things like music between the Ultra/2 and single-Ultra model.

Of the ones listed sofar the DD18 will probably be best sound-quality wise, because of its Servo-technology.

You are forgetting the cheapest subwoofer offering the finest sound quality available at any price: An IB. :devil:

Lets see now. Top 5 was it? :)

8 x 18" IB

4 x 18" IB

8 x 15" IB

4 x 15" IB

16-46PCi

Nimby ;)

recruit said:

:eek: Serious!! i have a servo 15! im scared now :( im not gonna put it up too high!

ive had a few problems with the fuse blowing inside the sub :mad: very annoying.. but it shakes the house down and neighbours are not too fond of me :p haha

can i have any opnions of what people thing of the servo 15? is it any good? and if i wanted to upgrade to a better one or add an extra sub what would it be?

thanks chinchilla

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom