top 5 BC xbox games

Windtalker

Ex Member
Reaction score
what would be everyones top 5 bc xbox 1 games on the 360 ? i only have halo 2 and im guesing that will be top of everyones list :D the reason im interested is there aint any 360 games i want and with nothing good coming out for weeks or months what original xbox games should i buy.

cheers paul

Was going to includeChronicles of Riddick and Star Wars Republic Commando but they aren't backwards compatible .... so for me ...

Halo 2
Ninja Gaiden
Splinter Cell (any of them)

and then adding from my friends recommendations

GTA (any of them)
Jade Empire
Star Wars: Knights of the old republic

OK ... that's six but who's counting

all of the above.

also try some of these.........

black.
half life 2.
lego star wars.
metal arms: glitch in the system (not played this game but heard good things about it).
thief: deadly shadows.

some BC games can be pretty glitchy though. the very first BC game i played on the 360 (halo 2) crashed on the very first cut-scene:rotfl:

:thumbsup: cheers guys

I cant believe how great some of the BC games look (in VGA). Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Ninja Gaiden both look superb and I'm surprised they're even comparable to some decent 360 games, like tomb raider and the outfit.

Hulk Ultimate Destruction for me! Especially as its about 8quid in the HMV sale!

adrian29459 said:
I cant believe how great some of the BC games look (in VGA). Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and Ninja Gaiden both look superb and I'm surprised they're even comparable to some decent 360 games, like tomb raider and the outfit.

For me Black through VGA looks as good as some of the low end 360 titles.

Markoos said:
For me Black through VGA looks as good as some of the low end 360 titles.

Halo 2 for multiplayer, Halo 1 for single player although Halo 1 isn't widescreen unfortunately.

Black actually does a very good job of faking some of the next gen effects!

Forza is a great racer and has much more interesting tracks than PGR.

Not played it myself but apprently Half-Life 2 looks incredible, on a par with the PC version via HD.

I found Ninja Gaiden didn't behave too well BC, lots of slow downs! The first boss is awfully slow!

I found ninja gaiden to be the same, but I think the latest bc download might have sorted it as I have no slowdown now.

just been looking through the pictures of xbox ninja gaiden black on gamespot, but must say it dont look too hot so dont understand how people can compare to 360 games!

does playing in BC upscale and improve the graphics at all then like PS2 (tried) to do to PS1 games?

KlaatuNinja said:
Black works through VGA, didn't know that. Any other games apart from Ninja Gaiden & Halo 2 work with VGA??

Quite a lot really. Off the top of my head:

GTA: San Andreas (I presume the other GTA's do too), Rogue Ops, Silent Hill 4, Rallisport Challenge, Call Of Duty, House Of The Dead 3...

Basically if a title supports 60Hz, then it'll work with VGA. Presumably in NTSC regions all XBox 1 titles work through VGA.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 also looks great through vga and no borders:thumbsup:
GTA Vice City is best with no borders, GTA3 is in 4:3 I thinks.
U sure all splinter cells work? I couldn't get the original to work (on VGA).

This might need confirming, but I think for most or all games the graphics are upscaled to 720p or your PC resolution. For games made in 4:3 only, they stay in 4:3. Yes it does improve the graphics a great deal, and u will definitly notice it especially if you havent had the original xbox modded to play 480/720p/1080i.

adrian29459 said:
Star Wars Battlefront 2 also looks great through vga and no borders:thumbsup:
GTA Vice City is best with no borders, GTA3 is in 4:3 I thinks.
U sure all splinter cells work? I couldn't get the original to work (on VGA).

Actually I'm not sure about the first two, but Chaos Theory certainly works and looks great. I'll try the other two this evening.

I have made a list of the original xbox games that are 60Hz and backwards compatible.

Games at 60Hz that "should" work with VGA connection include:
- Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding
- Amped 2
- Batman Beginings
- Black
- Call of Cthulu Dark Corners of the Earth
- Colin McRae Rally 2004
- Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge
- Dead or Alive 3
- Fable (Not sure on this one)
- Fable: The Lost Chapters
- Fifa 2006
- Freedom Fighters - Dont think this works.
- Grand Theft Auto 3 - 4:3 mode
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - 1inch verical borders
- Halo - 4:3 mode
- Halo 2
- Halo 2 Multiplayer Map Pack
- House of the Dead III - 4:3 mode
- Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
- Jade Empire - 4:3 mode
- Max Payne - 4:3 mode
- Metal Arms Glitch in the system - 4:3 mode
- Mortal Kombat: Deception
- Need for Speed Underground 2
- Ninja Gaiden
- Pro Evolution Soccer 5 - 4:3 mode
- Rallisport Challenge
- Red Dead Revolver
- Sega GT 2002
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Shellshock Nam '67
- Silent Hill 4
- Star Wars Battlefront 2

I still need to edit this as information about 60hz games is scarce and I need to check the rest of the games.

Remember this isnt an actual list of what works through vga, just what is apparently backwards compatible and also plays at 60hz.

Please correct me if I'm wrong about any PAL games being 60hz.

Doom 3 doesn't work through VGA and I'm almost certain is 50Hz only over here.

Half-Life 2 actually plays in 60Hz but boots at 50Hz meaning it doesn't work in VGA :(

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom