Top 10 Blu-rays (UK) for March 2022 - news discussion

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks @Mark Costello just ordered Midnight blu ray from Amazon, coming tomorrow and that’s weekend viewing sorted.

Thanks @Mark Costello just ordered Midnight blu ray from Amazon, coming tomorrow and that’s weekend viewing sorted.
Oh man, really hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Come back here on Monday and tell us how you found it if you don't mind, would love to hear your thoughts on it.

Last edited:
Oooh Criterion's Modern Times lands on Region B shores. Saves importing. :) Thanks!!

Does this mean we have to put up with all this crap because some people can't afford netflix, Disney and Sky etc., etc. Disgusting.

🤔 :confused:

Does this mean we have to put up with all this crap because some people can't afford netflix, Disney and Sky etc., etc. Disgusting.

Not quite sure what sense to make out of this - most of these titles aren't available on streaming services other than perhaps a few to buy, whereby you'd be getting them in a lesser format without the extras etc. Probably it's only those who can afford it, who get to pick up some of the choice gems on offer, everyone else has to make do with whatever streaming they have available.

But if it makes you feel better, we have to put up with "all this crap" on the comments side too, so I guess it evens itself out.

well just finished watching Midnight @Mark Costello, thoroughly enjoyed it, your review was spot on, audio was great as well. Glad I bought the disk, would never have come across this if you had not recommended it.

well just finished watching Midnight @Mark Costello, thoroughly enjoyed it, your review was spot on, audio was great as well. Glad I bought the disk, would never have come across this if you had not recommended it.
So glad you liked it and thanks for posting back here chief! :smashin:

Odd couple I had on preorder, certainly looking forward to viewing some more choreographed chopsocky madness!

I too had completely forgot the film running on empty and will probably check out midnight.

These top ten round ups are always worth a read keep em coming!

Not quite sure what sense to make out of this - most of these titles aren't available on streaming services other than perhaps a few to buy, whereby you'd be getting them in a lesser format without the extras etc. Probably it's only those who can afford it, who get to pick up some of the choice gems on offer, everyone else has to make do with whatever streaming they have available.

But if it makes you feel better, we have to put up with "all this crap" on the comments side too, so I guess it evens itself out.
I think what l am trying to say is all the latest Blu-ray Discs like for instance "Moonfall" can be pre ordered for release date 2026, yet you can get them on Amazon now with inferior sound and vision plus old films now in 4K some older than l am. Why can't l buy new release's now. It seems they just want you to pay for all those platforms. The Great Escape, The God Father, give me a break. Or am l missing something here, l am old.

Grumpy old git.

Not quite sure what sense to make out of this - most of these titles aren't available on streaming services other than perhaps a few to buy, whereby you'd be getting them in a lesser format without the extras etc.
Random comment from me, but I generally try to avoid looking at Sky, Netflix, Disney and Amazon before buying a disc release as if I did by chance do that, it might (I stress might) put me off buying the disc - in reality it doesn't, but it theoretically could.

I think what l am trying to say is all the latest Blu-ray Discs like for instance "Moonfall" can be pre ordered for release date 2026, yet you can get them on Amazon now with inferior sound and vision plus old films now in 4K some older than l am. Why can't l buy new release's now. It seems they just want you to pay for all those platforms. The Great Escape, The God Father, give me a break. Or am l missing something here, l am old.

Grumpy old git.
It's just the way of the world at the moment - new releases all get a two/three week head start on release over their physical media versions precicely because studios want you to move to digital for all the reasons that are discussed across the forums - its cheaper to produce and make money from, they have all the ownership/control over them even after 'purchase', etc.

Certain new disc releases can be problematic - you mention Moonfall: this is an independently funded film, with a complex web of ownership and therefore release schedules, rather than a straight forward major studio picture. The bigger issue with Moonfall is that there is no 4K disc release planned in the UK, as opposed to the US where its released on April 26 (with a tentative UK release on blu only for the day before).

And of course these monthly articles are only for releases that don't get a 4K release in the UK......so next month I could indeed be covering Moonfall......although if that makes the ten best releases it will certainly be a poor month.......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom