Top 10 Blu-rays (UK) for April 2022 - news discussion

Mark Costello

Editorial Contributor
Reaction score
Can't say I'm sold on your your number one pick it all looks terribly twee and tacky, superb choices though on 2 and 3 Capote sits perfectly with In Cold Blood for a superb double bill, still find these Chabrol sets a bit on the weak side apart from the given 1 title per set he really does deserves better and can't see these winning many new fans over, definitely be giving Matewan a shot though when it drops on the C Channel.

Can't say I'm sold on your your number one pick it all looks terribly twee and tacky, superb choices though on 2 and 3 Capote sits perfectly with In Cold Blood for a superb double bill, still find these Chabrol sets a bit on the weak side apart from the given 1 title per set he really does deserves better and can't see these winning many new fans over, definitely be giving Matewan a shot though when it drops on the C Channel.
Oh it is most definitely twee......but my kind of twee.

The issue I have with so many of these Arrow sets, the Chabrol ones included, is that as a gateway into these new works and new directors, they're a great idea......until Arrow sticks such a high price tag on them. And when other boutiques can do these at a better price point - Eureka's sci-fi terror set this month is £25, while Arrow's similar Sam Katzman one, granted it had 4 films instead of three, was nearly double the price at the time of release (and is still £40 now). Price these sets a little lower to entice those in who don't know Chabrol's work (like I didn't) and we're onto a winner.....

Matewan was a great rewatch - it feels like a real ancestor of what Robert Eggers is doing now, that very specific gritty tone and feel of a place in time, and all the more surprising it came from the dude who gave us Alligator!

Ooh I didn't realise Matewan was given a Region B release. I almost ordered it on Region A during the last flash sale. Thank you! :)

Bit of a niche list in all honesty

All the mainstream 4k releases are given separate individual reviews. The whole point of the list to highlight the great films being released on blu that maybe you'd miss if you didn't know about them. To uncover underrated or lesser known brilliance in the release schedules.

The older Horror Movies had good amount of Nudity if not just cleavage, but now that’s not allowed anymore unless it is fake plastic.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom