Tooth Filling Came Out, Food Inquiry

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Trust it to happen on a bloody Friday night, part of a filling on my tooth came out (next to front teeth) so until I can get an appointment on Monday when I call dentist up I am kind of in new territory, besides eggs (cant have that for breakfast, lunch and dinner all weekend lol) what would be safe to eat without making things worse.

I am already killing off coffee (hopefully that doesn't kill me off before Monday) and avoiding any sugary items and keeping it as clean as possible til Monday but since I am doing weekly shop tomorrow anyway I need some new stuff to pick up, tried googling but seemed to see stuff AFTER you have had a filling though and not when part of one has come out lol.

Hixs

Distinguished Member
I'm not seeing the big deal here?

Just eat whatever unless it's stick to your teeth (toffee etc)

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
I'm not seeing the big deal here?

Just eat whatever unless it's stick to your teeth (toffee etc)
I was just worried about doing further damage to it so wanted to avoid anything sugary or too hard but this is the first time one has come loose right at the front so want to take extra precaution in what i consume.

Was hoping one or two may have had a front filling come off.

Is your dentist not open on a Saturday?

NHS24 111
My one is Monday to Friday and I trust the one I have been seeing, ill be able to get an appointment when I call up in the morning. Original dentist the work should still be under the 12 months but if I see someone else I may have to pay again.

After several extremely bad experiences when I was younger I went a very long time without going to dentist and took me a while to get used to and trust the person I am seeing now, unless forced to as she moves / quits id rather not be a nervous twitchy wreck sitting in a new guys chair. I have an extremely sensitive gag reflex and cant even keep my mouth open wide without putting anything in my mouth without starting to gag and I am worried about the level of patience any new person I see may have.

Last edited:

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
This is where it is, right next to front tooth so have to be extra careful which means absolutely nothing that may stick to it.

Attachments

andrewt9763

Normally your dentist will give you an out of hours emergency contact number for when he’s not available,or just google one in your location.

MrSossidge

Distinguished Member
Is it painful at all? If it is agony then try an out of hours emergency. If it's not just avoid all the hard crunchy stuff and book an appointment on Monday morning.

nheather

Distinguished Member
I wouldn’t worry, my teeth are in much worse condition than yours, some of them are more filling than tooth.

Like you I always few terrible when a filling comes out and like to get it sorted as soon as possible. It always seems to happen at an inconvenient time - in my case when out of the country on business.

I try to eat on the other side and mouth wash and brush my teeth more often, especially on the problem area.

But the fact is, the filling often comes out because a bit of the connecting tooth has weakened, broken or decayed so chances are the dentist will have to cut the cavity back a bit anyway to create a firm foundation for the new filling.

So I get that the idea doesn’t feel nice but nothing is going to happen to it between now and Monday.

Cheers,

Nigel

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Is it painful at all? If it is agony then try an out of hours emergency. If it's not just avoid all the hard crunchy stuff and book an appointment on Monday morning.
It isn't painful no, was just trying to think of something to eat to keep it as clean as possible and not cause any more possible damage.

Some fish and mash should keep you going till Monday.
Didn't think of that, picked up some Bananas, chicken (sliced packet) and eggs for scrambled/omelette.

Some fish woulda been nice actually lol, next time I go to shops I might pick some up for during hte week.

Maybe tin of sweetcorn as well to mix into the mash :D