Tool Storage - Help deciding

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
Hi All,

Look for some opinions, advice, personal experience on picking a rolling tool storage solution.

Looking at 3 different types:

Erbauer Connecx:

Dewalt Tstak 2.0:

Dewalt Tough System:

I have been investing in Erbauer tools and hence me looking at their system however I am not bothered about the cases matching the tools. Erbauer system is competitively priced however the drawback I have with it is you can only buy in in the 3 stack with trolley system so no option to bolt on unless you find someone selling something 2nd hand.

Touchsystem I have heard is decent but buy additional boxes is not the cheapest, nor is the starting price for the 3 stack system.

The Tstak system seems to be reasonably priced around the same as the Erbauer and to buy additional storage boxes again, while not cheap is much more affordable that the Toughsystem - I am therefore swaying more to this solution than the other 2.

But curious if anyone has any experience of any of these toolbox solutions and what they think of them?

Cheers
Col

Sloppy Bob

Distinguished Member
I got this a few years ago.

Amazon product

It's one of these things that regularly go on sale at Amazon. I picked it up for ~£65
More than decent and does the job.

It's probably not as heavy-duty as those you're linked to but unless you're a tradesman it's just a place to store tools.

ashenfie

Very expensive solution. I just got some solid large boxes from Morissions and a second hand sack trolly off eBay for my tools

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
thanks @Sloppy Bob - can you buy additional boxes for this system or is it an all-in-1 scenario like the Erbauer?
I like the idea of having the ability to add to it in the future if needed.
But I agree with your thoughts on maybe not needing the rigidity of a site level boxes.... Its another option in the fire as they say.

ashenfie

but my tools need somewhere comfortable and dare I say it "over-priced" to live out their working life :D
I do tend tools with a case or bag if possible as I like to keep them together, I got clear box as that way I can see what's in the box without opening. I also have 3x the storage requirement than a single box like the can handle.

I recommend clear boxes if you can find them.

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
A while ago I debated between a storage box or some racking for my existing tools and tool boxes. For my needs, the rack is the preferred solution. But now the rack is getting a bit over crowded :(

WeegyAVLover

Distinguished Member
I like the storage boxes with wheels as it is free standing and when I do stuff in the house I tend to find that I use every tool I own so having them conveniently in the most part in one storage solution that I simply wheel where I want them is what I am looking for.

A racking system would be good but I have no storage space for that type of solutin.... Very, very sadly!

hyperfish

Distinguished Member
I like the storage boxes with wheels as it is free standing and when I do stuff in the house I tend to find that I use every tool I own so having them conveniently in the most part in one storage solution that I simply wheel where I want them is what I am looking for.

A racking system would be good but I have no storage space for that type of solutin.... Very, very sadly!
Yep I get it, and that is how it was decuded for me personally.
I reasoned that I wouldn't want to take the whole lot upstairs, and so it was just a storage solution that I needed.
This usually results in several trips to and from the racking though, as I realise that I need something that I haven't brought with me.

IronGiant

Did someone mention racks?

1637348668990.png

I also bought into Trend Tools storage box solution but haven't implemented it yet. (They get sh*t reviews on Screwfix so probably best avoided :) )

aVdub

Banned
Pretty much tied into Metabo myself with around 10 units with wheel bases.

They can be a bit of a cock sometimes to lock in, but become more user friendly in time. They are mated with good insert foam.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom