1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too much to ask ? (Freeview Box with DVI OP)

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by WideDexter, Aug 13, 2005.

1. WideDexter

WideDexter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I've been skulking around here for a while, picking up loads of useful info.

A question . . .I have a "bog standard" Ferguson digi box connected to a Sharp GA4E37" LCD. I really want a new Freeview decoder with HD recorder . . . .but with a DVI output I can connect directly to the TV without the analogue nastiness!
    Does such a beastie exist, or am I going to have to go the Nebular / PC route.

(Its frustrating :confused: having a nice digi broardcast, going back to analogue to then go back to digi don't you think).

Thanks, :thumbsup:

Dexter.

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,212
    Sony will be releasing a range of Freeview DVDRs later this year that have HDMI output.

Actually passing through the analogue domain seems to soften some of the jagged blockiness and shimmering you get from a low bitrate all digital picture - although I put that down the crudeness of some of the kit at present.

3. WideDexter

WideDexter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

4. WideDexter

WideDexter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here is a shot of the screen (3 sections)
    A close up of the BBC news 24 banner.
    My STB EPG menu.
    Close-up of the BBC "Press Red" box from the top left corner.

Is this picture quality what I should expect?, I'd be interested in seeing the same shots off the BBC news 24 channel from a DVI fed screen.....anyone? :smashin:

Dexter.

(Hope the attachment works!)

Attached Files: