• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Too much equipment!!

DRGL

Standard Member
OK,I've got an HQ100 which hasn't exactly got the most space under it thanks to a fancy design. I've got an AV amp(15cm) a DVD-R(7cm),a freeview box(5cm),a VCR(9cm),a DVD player(5cm). what do people do when it all won't fit?? There's no room for a seperate rack,i can ditch the VCR but i still can't get anywhere near the space required. Could the amp and DVD player go on top of the TV?? (Looks pants but what can i do??!!) Whatever combination i come up with doesn't look great,when i get it looking good the leads don't fit!!!

DRGL

Standard Member
This is about the only way,hardly ideal having amp & DVD on top???

Attachments

• IMAG0029.JPG
    IMAG0029.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 69

mrtbag

Prominent Member
Didn't you see the stand before you bought the TV? I'd go fo a seperate rack. You don't spend that much on a TV and then risk :censored: something else up by stacking on top. It just isn't designed to do that. :eek:

DRGL

Standard Member
That wasn't the situation,all was fine until Sony offered some equipment to combat lip sync!! Only other way is to mod the stand,loose the VCR(never used it anyway-waste of £££!!!) then it will all just fit,means reducing the height of the glass shelf by 2mm...........

BobBob21

Prominent Member
Personally I would suggest ditching the free TV stand and buy a new AV rack - ideally the AV Amp should not have anything on top of it as it will obscure the ventilation grills and mean that it will be prone to over heating. Fortuantly you have a small centre speaker so it really shouldnt be a problem - with full sized centres even some AV racks can run short of room!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom