• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Too much choice...

Ineedanewtv

Novice Member
Afternoon everyone,

I'm in the market for a new tv for the living room.

Primary uses: Xbox One X, Watching Football, Watching Movies (in that order)
Size: 50" or 55"
Room light: Can be pretty bright in there.
Viewing angle: Not dead center, We have a corner sofa, so someone is always off to the side a bit if we wall mount it, but also not too acute (not sure how to measure this properly).
Budget: £600

Any help appreciated!

Thanks

Dodgexander

Hisense 55" U7A or if you want better HDR go for a refurb Sony 49" XF9005 from the Sony centre direct refurbished store.

You won't get good enough HDR for your One X buying new at £600.

Regarding viewing angles, you cannot get great ones unless you go for an OLED + get good HDR too. With LCDs you'll have to choose between good picture quality and narrower angles or worse picture quality overall and wider viewing angles.

Calculate what kind of viewing angle you need, if its more than 30 degrees from the centre of the TV you should go for a TV with an IPS panel and accept you are not going to get great HDR.

If its less than 30 degrees, my recommendations above and in the guide stand.

Which panel type should I choose for my TV?
My best value TVs, 2018-2019 Edition

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom