• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Too many LAN opportunities

chrsfrm

Standard Member
Hi everyone.
Finally!!!!- I have chosen my system and orders are in.
It will be:
60" LG60PK590 TV
Sony STR-DA2400ES AV Receiver
Sony BPD-S570 Blueray player
Humax Freeview Fox T2 HDR
Wharfedale Diamond 9 speakers (incl floor standing fronts) in a 5.1 set up.

I was happy, then checked manuals and pics of rears, only to find TV, Blueray & Humax all have LAN connections available. I have already run a LAN cable under the floor for the TV but am now confused on which others to connect and more importantly how? Thankfully I have a wireless router so that is the 570 blueray covered, as it has inbuilt WiFi. Tv via the LAN cable.

So, the question is - Will that suffice or does the Humax really need a connection. I could simply use the LAN cable ex TV for 570 updates.

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks all.:smashin:

John

Why not get a cheap switch and connect them all ?

chrsfrm

Standard Member
Hi John, thanks for a prompt reply.
Do you mean an ethernet switch? Would that be sited by the equipment- as router is other end of room, by telephone in point. Needs power too i think. Could you add a link to a sample switch please? Thanks again. getting there I think/hope!!!!

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
Yes, an ethernet switch. You said you already have an ethernet cable running from your router to behind your TV/AV stuff, so plug a switch into the end of that cable, behind the TV, and connect all the devices you want to it using ethernet patch cables. You have 3 devices that have LAN connections, so a simple 5 port switch will suffice and even leave you open to another device in the future you might want to connect.

A nice simple, cheap and reliable switch would be one such as this;

http://www.netgear.co.uk/pdfs/fs605.pdf

chrsfrm

Standard Member

Matt_C

Distinguished Member
zik7id.png

;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom