1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too many games, not enough time....

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Rock Da Bass, May 11, 2002.

1. Rock Da Bass

Rock Da Bass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +642
    Probably like most readers of this forum, I've got a family and job. I bought a Gamecube with 4 games on launch day and finally got a chance to play the thing last night. The problem was where to start. I don't know how I'll keep up with the game launches. I played each game for a about half an hour then had the choice of what game to get my teeth into as they were all pretty addictive. Franky, I would have gladly sat and played Rogue Leader all night because it's so immersive, but Wave Race, SMB and Luigi's Mansion kept calling me.

Also, I've been promised a loan of an XBox to play Halo.

I'm not sure the abundance of gaming goodness at the moment is a good or bad thing. I thought I was growing out of video games until that damn Gamecube launch!

Anyone else having similar problems?

RDB :)

2. Ron240

Ron240

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +448
    I can totally understand this. It is for precisely this reason that i never had my PSX chipped because it would have instantly given me access to far too many games. I personally only buy one game at a time and as long as i am enjoying it i will play it till the end,because if i buy a new one it spells sudden death for the one i am presently playing. I would decline the loan of the XBox because it will just add another distraction.:D

3. Bozza

Bozza
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah, Amen to that, I have too many games and I have games that I really enjoy and have not finished yet on Playstation and Saturn!, I even have games on Dreamcast and PS2 that I have not even taken out of the wrapper. I need to break a leg or something.

4. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I know - it's a sad day when your wife wants an early night and your happy so you can stay up and play Halo !!

5. spikeyboyo

spikeyboyo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Unless she gets the hump cause she wants and early noght for some other reason ;)

Having just bought the Xbox - i though great i can get back to playing some games - only sadly the misses said i see your turning back into your old ways (used to play games to death before i met her - as the family kindly told her at the weekend) - i said how can you say that, ive had the box for just over a week and played for about 3 hours tops the whole week, she started nagging after 1 race on PGR - so i had a moan back - now shes quite happy to say do you want to play your game :)

All nite sessions of Halo and PGR :)

Spike

6. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    I too have cut back on the games I am buying. For the Dreamcast I got over 30 games and have only completed a select few of them, I also have at least 2 that I never even loaded!!!

For the Cube I am limiting my buying and trying to get back to the old days, when I could not afford all the releases and spent time really getting under the skin of games. What I am looking at now is getting value again and not throwing money away. In any case I have DVD's to throw money away on now;)

In order for this to work, I have gone back to the old ethos of never continuing. If I can't complete a game in 1 credit, it gets started again. If I die, no more going back to the last save point, back to the beginning for me. Now I am enjoying the gaming again, I found that having too many titles diluted the experience of each one.

You guys with the women who give you grief, it could be worse. Mine loves playing the games too, won't even let me take whatever the latest console is into the games room, it has to stay under the TV in the living room. Believe me, there is little worse than not being able to have a game of Super Monkey Ball because the Mrs has a friend over and they wont come off it!

7. gizlaroc

gizlaroc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +671
    spot on about having too many games.

i have about 1700 snes games on a copier and never play any , but playing chrono trigger i have bought on cart for £50.

i have about 150 dreamcast games but just play vitua tennis 2.

same with the ps2 , probably got 75+ games on that, but the only game i am playing is final fantasy X. and that is one of a handful of originals.

Gamecube is the only system i am playing to death mainly Biohazard and tony hawk 3 , even though i have TH3 on ps2 silver.

having too many games just takes away the pleasure of gaming.
    half he fun is getting home opening the game and giving it some time, and you are more likely to do that if you have just handed over £40 - £50 than if you have just downloaded it.
    I am sure there are some great games sitting in my collection but if they dont grab me in the first 5 minutes i never play them again, if i have got it off the net.

in fact i would sell my chipped ps2 tomorrow and put the money towards the nintendo releases coming over the next 12 months :)

8. DavidMalone

DavidMalone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    he he he,

I just done exactly that, got rid of my ps2 with 250 games to buy a US cube. Only have six games for this bad boy (which I think is too many for me at the moment).

Back to the days of NES/SNES/N64 when I actually had to save to buy the games, they seemed to last forever. I find that the less games you have, the more enjoyment you get from the system (as long as the games are good of course).

I hope nobody manages to crack the GC and flood the market with pirate games, xbox who cares :)

D