1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too late for the Loewe Aconda?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dAvE6, Feb 26, 2002.

1. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm really not sure if it's worth upgrading from my perfectly good panny 28pk3 50hz set just because i'm now finding it a bit small after leaving my 4x4 metre bedroom at home. Me and my freinds will be moving into a house at university which we'll be in for 2 years.

Why don't i just buy a cheaper tv? Because all of them suffer from 100hz problems and put me off.

Is the Aconda going to seem a bit dated relative to price in 6 months time? I don't want to buy something as presigious and pricey such as an aconda, only for it to be superceded by improved 100hz models in a few months. It's far from a 'recent' tv is it...

Any thoughts?

P.S It means working my butt off too considering i'ma poor student. Best prices?

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,179
    i wish i could of afforded a 32" widescreen when i was a student....and as for all these student people suffering from 100hz, what did they all do before 100hz sets were available??

And people say students are poor...my f***ing fat flabby a**e!!

3. dsb

dsb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the thing with loewe sets is the internals get updated-only the case remains the same unlike other manufacturers who give each new thing a new model number.
    an aconda purchased today will do things one from 3 years ago didn't-component input,progressive scan etc