Too Human Preview Thread - 56k Warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1ket

The first official reveal of too human was on ign weekly today so i though i would start a thread..

Overview

Step into the world of "Too Human(TM)," the next-generation third-person epic action-game from famed developer Silicon Knights®. As the Cybernetic God Baldur, players are thrust into the midst of an ongoing battle that threatens the existence of mankind. An ancient machine presence has forced the God's hand. In the first of a three part trilogy, Baldur is charged with defending mankind from an onslaught of monstrous war machines bent on eradication of human life.

In "Too Human(TM)," players are treated to a non-stop barrage of action powered by the seamless integration of melee and ranged firearms combat and fueled by breathtaking visuals previously not possible thanks to a powerful combination of the Xbox 360 and the Unreal Engine 3. Battles unfold in awesome scale as players engage in spectacular battles with vast numbers of enemies.

"Too Human(TM)" is produced by renowned Canadian developer Silicon Knights®. The masterminds behind critically-acclaimed hits such as "Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes" and "Eternal Darkness," Silicon Knights® brings a wealth of knowledge, story-based design and gameplay expertise to usher in the next-generation of video gaming.

Features:
- Synergy of Melee and Firearms Combat: It'll take more than brawn and raw strength to supplant the machine hordes. Utilize a sophisticated blend of seamless melee and firearms combat to vanquish foes close and far. Feel each punishing blow through advanced visual effects made possible through the unmatched horsepower of Xbox 360 and the Unreal Engine 3.

- Advanced Cinematic Presentation: Characters and environments come to life with unparalleled visual fidelity. Experience the full excitement of combat through a dynamically-driven presentation system that portrays the combat with cinematic quality. A sweeping orchestral score sets the mood for heartbreak, anger and bloodlust as each tune encapsulates the gamer within the immersive gaming environment.

- Intuitive Combat Provides New Level of Accessibility: Perform Baldur's elaborate and complex combat maneuvers through the press of a button and chain together rapid-fire combos with ease. Through the use of an intuitive combat system, "Too Human(TM)" provides gameplay that is easy to learn and rewarding to master. "Too Human(TM)" will introduce combinations of weapons combat on a level that exceeds some fighting games leaving players in awe.

- Modern Take on a Classic Story: "Too Human(TM)" chronicles the ongoing struggle between Cybernetic gods, machine giants and mortal men on a massive scale never before seen. Play the role of a cybernetic god charged with protecting the human race against a relentless onslaught of machines.
  • Based on norse mythology..
  • FULL RPG Levelup system with 50 levels per class, at least 5 classes confirmed
  • 4 player coop online :clap:
  • Huge environments the last pic is of a boss that is 20 times your size
  • Planned to be a trilogy of games
  • Published by Microsoft so is XBOX360 Exclusive

Techie stuff
  • 4X AA ie very few jaggies
  • Fully dynamic camera whihc works in context of what you are doing fightling, exploring etc
  • Depth of field (really gives it a cinematic feel)

The screenhots are from the ign weekly video (low res captures will add more as the preview is expanded on monday)

Looks awsome to me i would recommend downloading the preview lots of info on story, gameplay, camera, rpg elements:)

Download the preview here http://uk.media.games.ign.com/articles/693/693580/vids_1.html

##Low res captures from video download it but its (450mb) but still looks incredible##

:D

m1ket

Was Q2 this year ie in the next 3 months but i guessing it may be Q3/4 there is a more detailed preview with ign on monday im thinking there will be more info then

Basically MS have said release it when its done, silcon nights are a talented bunch.. the game has soo much depth

j_s

I just watched the video and it's get a big :thumbsup: from me. I'd be happy with it single player but 4 player co-op is just uber awesome. I also get a big feel for the architecture in the game, although a sci-fi game it certainly doesn't seem like one - if that makes sense.
This got panned last year at E3 so it seems it's sorted a lot of the problems out.

Definite purchase for me :)

m1ket

I just watched the video and it's get a big :thumbsup: from me. I'd be happy with it single player but 4 player co-op is just uber awesome. I also get a big feel for the architecture in the game, although a sci-fi game it certainly doesn't seem like one - if that makes sense.
This got panned last year at E3 so it seems it's sorted a lot of the problems out.

Definite purchase for me :)
Yeh there is a great back story behind the game Balder the main character is a norse god in their mythology and there are many other god aswell with mythology that go with it, too human is influlenced by this but the main 'sci fi' influlence is the machines trying to take over

the whole reason for the title of 'too human' is that there are many many cybernetic implants in the game (as you level up to 50 you can use more) and the battle is the lessimplants you have the more human you are, so from the machines point of view 'too human'

jonnydynamite

Novice Member
I think this looks like it's got a fantastic art direction and storyline behind it and some great ideas (4 player drop-in/drop-out co-op - amazing!). I hope that the gameplay is varied enough and lives up to the concept as some of those hack and slash type games have got a bit samey. Hopefully they can inject a bit of Devil May Cry type playability into it.

greektony

Novice Member
I have been waiting for this game for years. Unless I am very much mistaken, wasnt this game originally going to be released on the PS1? If true, that makes the Dukes R&R seem rather short!!! :)

j_s

Yes, it was to be released on the PS1, then Gamecube and now hopefully ( ;) ) 360.

PioRow

I have to admit to being a bit underwhelmed by this. I watched the video and had mixed feelings. Graphically it looks really nice, but it doesnt have that low factor. But in its defence the game looks vast so the graphics cant be as polished as a game that is on rails ala Gears of War.
So graphics look good but the fighting looks very like Devil may cry. I could see this type of battling getting a bit boring. That type of gameplay works for me in a fast twitch, fast paced game like god of war or DMC. I dont think its suited to a RPG.
One other thing, I didnt like the way Dennis Dyack treated the previews editor on the EGM podcast a few weeks back. He basically contradicted himself and attacked the egm guy just because they showed off a sh*t build at E3 and expected the previous showing of a good build to carry them with egm. And the way Dennis talks about this game it sounds like the best game ever made and from what I have seen it looks no where near being that.
I will no doubt buy this game but after seeing the video preview I felt a bit disapointed. Perhaps its a game that is best experienced by playing it rather than watching a preview video. By that I mean its not a game that can be demoed easily.

kaidiez

Novice Member
yea I know its an old thread but came across this today and didnt seem much point making a new thread!

http://blog.wired.com/games/2008/02/hands-on-too-hu.html

hands on by wired, I presume theres a gamespot and similar hands-on out/coming soon as well, sounds interesting. Hopefully the combat has depth to it and is not too easy like Assassins Creed.

jonnydynamite

Novice Member
I am a little bit concerned that the combat mechanics seems to be alternating between pushing back and forward on the thumbstick to slice enemies until they're all gone. Hopefully there should be some more to it than that. DMC 4 does it reasonably well in making you mix up your attacks but it could still be a bit deeper for my tastes.

Tufty McTavish

Novice Member
I may have said this already, but after Rock Band (out next week, so it's off my hypewagon now that it's so close I can almost taste it) this, Too Human, is my most anticipated game of 2008. Can't really explain it, but the idea of mixing things like Diablo, Devil May Cry and Marvel Ultimate Alliance to some degree fair appeal.

Basically I've been hanging after a release date for months. And I'm not really doing that for any other game. I hope it meets my expectations! Damn shame about the loss of 4-player co-op. That may have been a key factor in my interest. 2-player will do, but it's not the same. I was disappointed that R6V2 went from 4-to-2-player co-op too.

Freaknut

Novice Member
I may have said this already, but after Rock Band (out next week, so it's off my hypewagon now that it's so close I can almost taste it) this, Too Human, is my most anticipated game of 2008. Can't really explain it, but the idea of mixing things like Diablo, Devil May Cry and Marvel Ultimate Alliance to some degree fair appeal.

Basically I've been hanging after a release date for months. And I'm not really doing that for any other game. I hope it meets my expectations! Damn shame about the loss of 4-player co-op. That may have been a key factor in my interest. 2-player will do, but it's not the same. I was disappointed that R6V2 went from 4-to-2-player co-op too.
I'm really looking forward to this too. Not too worried about the lack of 4 player co-op. In recent interviews, Silicon Knights have been saying that it was just too hectic with four players. Watching the new videos, I can completely understand that!

Stinja

Other games manage multiple players at once, so i fail to see how much busier Two Humans would have been with four players? They main problem was probably pausing to do your inventory stuff and pausing everyone else too, in which case they could make it real time, so if you arent in a safe place and are fiddling with your items you can be hit - which would serve you right!

I was really looking forward to this, but once 4 player co-op got cut (and poor previews) my interest has waned... so good news there will be a demo, and it better rock to make me buy it thats fer sure!

http://kotaku.com/5023985/too-human-demo-coming-to-live-next-week

As part of its "Bringing It Home" E3 campaign, Microsoft will finally let loose the public demo of Too Human via Xbox Live, reports IGN. Anticipation for the demo is likely at an all-time high, as Silicon Knights' bossman Denis Dyack has been teasing a demo since August of '07.

Last edited:

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
I was intrigued by the early trailers that went up on the Marketplace, but have lost interest since seeing in-game footage.

evade

Novice Member
I was intrigued by the early trailers that went up on the Marketplace, but have lost interest since seeing in-game footage.
I have to agree not having really read any preview stuff and only seen the trailer on Xbox live, watching the actual gameplay footage was a bit of a let down. Still I'll dl the upcoming demo, before making any final judgment.

:)

Mr-Bananas

I have a really bad feeling about this game, I fear its going to be a major lemon.

Whenever I see a video, it just looks soooooooooooooooo boring and repetitive. The guys on the 1UP Yours Podcast where not exactly selling it to me either. They have been playing a very near final version and none of them were impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More

Latest News

LG SIGNATURE OLED R TV now available in South Korea
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display teams with Disney for OLED Projects
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Oppo launches S1 and R1 4K smart TVs
  • By Andy Bassett