1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too good to be true? Tosh 32ZP18Q

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bobmccall, Apr 14, 2003.

1. bobmccall

bobmccall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    (delurk)

Hi,

I usually believe that if something looks too good to be true, it probably is.

I've been in the market for a Tosh 32ZP18Q for a little while, today I've found one being offered (from Krish) for £999 including cabinet, speakers, delivery and interest free credit option. Its new, boxed, in stock and comes with a 1 year Tosh warrenty.

Now that seems very cheap to me. Can it be due to the launch of the Picture Frame 2? Is it likely to be a grey import? Is there a 'usage timer' I should ask the shop to check? Should I snap it up or pay more from a 'known' dealer?

Many Thanks.

2. bash

bash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +282
    personaly Id wait, Im sure it'll be cheaper still.

3. Mick da Miller

Mick da Miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Mo-S3

Mo-S3
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Too good to be true ??? Nahhh gets even better !!
    I bought mine form John lewis's for £989 inc a 5 Year Warranty and free delivery !!
    Beat that !! :clap:

5. bobmccall

bobmccall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks guys. I've gone for it, couldn't wait any longer, should arrive on Thursday all being well.

:smashin:

Just one quick question (sorry if its been covered before); is a Component Video signal the same as an RGB signal? :confused: I am assuming it is. Will the component output of my Denon 3802 be a suitable input for the Tosh ZP18Q?

Ta.

6. groundy

groundy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Component Video is not the same as RGB. If you do a quick seacrh you will find a wealth of information. The Tosh TV has 3 Scarts, 1 of which will accept RGB. The Component Video Inputs are on EXT4 and are in the form of RCA Phono Sockets. You can indeed connect the Component Outs of your DENON 3802 to the Tosh if you are planning on using the Denon for video switching. Probably best to hook up the DVD player direct to the TV though, using either RGB Scart or Component if available :).