1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Too Bright!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Jayb, Dec 8, 2003.

1. Jayb

Jayb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Following another thread reminded me of my visit to my local Warner Village to see Kill Bill. The movie started and I thought they had forgoten to dim some of the lights so I went to coimplain. I was told that they had to leave some lights on due to fire safety and said there was nothing more they could do..........:confused:

A few weeks later I visited showcase and the theatre was much darker

Has anyone else noticed this?

2. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Yes I have noticed this.

I usually use my local Cineworld, which I consider to be a superb place to watch films (comfortable seats, quality AV, good lighting)

Had to go to an Odeon cinema to watch the Matrix Revolutions & like you said, I thought they had forgotten to dim the lights. Also, I wasn't expecting the ridiculous pricing - over £6 for a ticket.

I'll stick with Cineworld in future.

3. Joe Pineapples

Joe Pineapples

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +855
    Found a similar thing at Warners myself. Not really too bright, but one of the emergency exit signs actually lights up part of the left side of the screen - doh!!

UGC is soooo much better - and actually cheaper by comoarison for daytime showings.

4. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    We go the local UCI as it is typically excellent - but we gave the Odeon as try as an alternative last week, but not again.

Way too bright, in the UCI you can barely see your hand in front of your face, but in the Odeon it was crazy - I could have read a book in the cinema.

Strange how different companies have very different policies

5. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I find Odeon are terrible mate. They give next to no legroom for us tall folk (i'm 6'4'') and i have to sit with my knees up in the air or slouched across several seats, the type with fixed armrests. Very uncomfortable.

6. texasboy

texasboy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Games Guru,

I am also 6'4" and legroom was a pain, we moved to an aisle seat after about 10 mins so I could stretch my legs out.

UCI is a dream in comparison, although I'm sure plenty of people have not so great experiences there too

7. Jayb

Jayb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the only problem I ever had at showcase was that the seating was very flat, so when some tall b@#$@*~!.......lets say 6'4"......:p sat in front of me it was not good. However this has now been rectified and you would probably need to be at least 8'4" to obscure my veiw.

Another bonus lots & lots of free parking......:smashin:

8. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,298
    I always go to Warner Village because Cineworld is right in an area where you get all the idiots every night who speak all the way through the film, couldnt stand it there so it was easier Showcase or Warner Village and Warner Village got my vote, better seating and cant say I have ever had a problem with the light level, when they dim the lights it goes dark enough for me.

9. Jayb

Jayb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This reminds me of the time I went to see spider man at Warner Village.

Because it is in the city centre of nottingham it has easy access by bus for kids. There were a large group of what seemed to be 11-15 year old girls and boys talking and messing around all the way through the movie. We did complain when they started and was told they can't do anything about it. At the end of the movie we complained again, this time to the manager and we got a refund....:D

So I suppose for the refund..:smashin: , but overall.....:thumbsdow