Too Big ?

N

NellyM

I am looking at getting following speakers for new (my first) AV setup but am concerned about buying too big. Room is 5.5m x 3.5m with plasma in centre of long wall. Only furniture in room will be sofas I and want a set of Kef Q5 and Q9c's as front with new Kef Dipoles as rears with the Rel Quake sub. Will the Bass response be too overpowering (room has wooden flooring) and will the speakers still perform well at lower volumes ?

Other kit Denon AVR3802 & DVD2800 MkII & Sky +

Member 14718

Hi and welcome to the forum.

I see you have decided on the Rel Quake, a few forum members have auditioned this sub and prefer the MJA Pro 50. If size is not a problem try Uncle Erics power buys I hear the CHT 10 is popular.

buns

Banned
I would imagine you could have a bit of a boomy bass problem with those wooden floors......a few heavy rugs would do wonders!

Ad

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
I would strongly recommend you avoid the Rel Quake. Do a search on this forum to get the general view on this sub.

Like it has been said have a look at the power buy section for the Velodyne cht10 at £325. This sub is in a different league to the Rel, whos latest subs are not up to the job these days, they have lost there way recently.

The latest video from AVForums

Oculus Quest 2 VR headset + Rotel A14 MkII Amp Reviews & Best of the Month
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom