Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - 2012

Bamford38

Banned
Im very excited about this. As long as they stick religiously to the old games and dont try to add any new "activision flair".

The old Hawk's games were pure gaming bliss, so maybe with a facelift they can reclaim the good name of Tony Hawk instead of it being synonymous with utter crap.

Anyway, if anyone else is as excited as me, you can head through the link for some details and a reveal trailer.

http://www.gamesradar.com/tony-hawk-back-check-out-vga-trailer/

VivaFathom

Back in it's day it was my fav game and i just watched the trailer :eek:

That's the exact same jumps and grinds i used to do all day on the original in the exact same spot. Took hours to master it. :smashin:

It's as fun as Trails when it nails it.

majnu

Distinguished Member
Fresh screenshots of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater HD – the XBLA mashup of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater and the venerable Pro Skater 2 – have surfaced. The images show Tony and the gang “killing it in the Warehouse”. Accompanying the snapshots is news that seven levels from the two classics have been given the HD treatment and are poised to return in Pro Skater HD. Rack your memories, the levels cherry-picked by Tony himself are: Warehouse, School 2, Mall, Phoenix, Hangar, Marseilles and Venice.

Of course, all of that pales into the ether because the most salient feature of any Tony Hawk game is the soundtrack. Regrettably the press team remain tight-lipped on the matter, so no word on whether the likes of Papa Roach, Goldfinger, Bad Religion and Millencolin will be part of the comeback.

Attachments

• t1.jpg
    t1.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 105
  • t2.jpg
    t2.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 84
  • t3.jpg
    t3.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 82
  • t4.jpg
    t4.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 94
  • t5.jpg
    t5.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 89
  • t6.jpg
    t6.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 79

majnu

Distinguished Member
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD

Hey gang just wanted to give everyone a quick update with some overall Q&A for Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD:

What are the controls like?
No peripherals (ie, plastic skateboards). The game is played with the controller with analog sticks. The goal is to keep the feel the same as the classic THPS games. You can also play with only the button controls, like on the original PsOne controller.

Will there be online play?
Yes. Look out for details in a few weeks.

Will the game feature the original soundtracks?
Some of the songs, but definitely not all of them.

Will the game be available on disc to buy in stores?
No. It will be for download only via Xbox LIVE and PlayStation Network.

Will the game be coming to PC/iPhone/iPad/3DS?
There are no plans at the moment to bring the game to these systems, but things could change!

How much will the game cost?
About $15.

Will there be reverts in the game?
No, reverts will not be part of trick combos. You can still ride switch of course, but reverts can not be added to combos.

Will there be manuals in the game?
Yes.

Will there be walking and/or spraypainting in the game?
No.

Will there be post-release DLC?
No details on DLC yet. Stay tuned.

When is the game coming out?
Mid summer 2012.

https://www.facebook.com/TonyHawksProSkaterHD/posts/243301309085739

noisecrime

Just heard about this and quite excited. Loved the first few Tony Hawk's games back on the PS1, before it went a bit weird. The first game was pretty much perfect, a real experience to play, though granted it had a bit of a learning curve, but quite easy to pick up.

I think nostalgia rules makes this a must buy ;)

Bamford38

Banned
Just heard about this and quite excited. Loved the first few Tony Hawk's games back on the PS1, before it went a bit weird. The first game was pretty much perfect, a real experience to play, though granted it had a bit of a learning curve, but quite easy to pick up.

I think nostalgia rules makes this a must buy ;)

Definitely.

I hope all the old multiplayer modes are back. If i can play HORSE online, it would make me the happiest man in the world :smashin:

Beetlejuice

Distinguished Member
I have my points waiting :D

hooray33

I was so looking forward to this but early reviews mention the physics/handling being off and landing tricks being more down to luck than skill.

Justpushstart.com & Digital Trends.

Also DLC confirmed for Aug/Sep bringing reverts to select number of levels from THPS3. Should've all been part of one package, one price in my opinion.

jsniper

Apparently it is out but I can't seem to buy it :confused: I think it's 1200 points too.

DJSigma

Banned
The trial and full game are up here: -

Tony Hawk's PS HD - Xbox.com

Apparently the demo is weak as you get a 2 minute time limit and the game ends before it even counts down to 0. Obviously you can replay it, but still. Some people are having trouble buying the full version too.

Last edited:

Satsui_Ryu

Distinguished Member
Yeah, the demo isn't ideal. I think it cuts off before the 2 minute mark if you reach a certain goal. Thankfully it's enough for me. Looks like early Tony Hawks, plays like early Tony Hawks, sounds like early Tony Hawks - I'm sold.

_mike_

its not grwat imo .. also it got a 24MB patch straight after release, what is that supposed to mean?

It plays nice as i have in mind from the org. on PS1 .. however 1200MSP . i dunno .. the shool level looked boring in the videos .. not sure about the other levels .. lets wait for some reviews

jsniper

It won't let me purchase it for some reason so I'll try again when I'm home from work.

gr0uty

Well it's good enough for me so I'm going to purchase it, if it would let me! The demo is very short, literally only gives you a couple of minutes but the controls etc. seem pretty tight to me. Also there is a 26mb patch to download straight away so maybe the concerns from reviews have been addressed?

Nezben

Distinguished Member
Wow, 3 completely different reviews there!

I will wait for some real life feedback here before I purchase.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Google set to launch the Pixel 7 and Pixel 7 Pro smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Focal launches Bathys noise-cancelling wireless headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Formovie Theater UST projector hits the UK
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sonus faber unveils new flagship Arena speaker series