Tony Hawk Pro 4 - Special manuals and Grinds

nunew33

Standard Member
Reaction score
Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
Does anyone know where I can get a complete list of special manuals, lip tricks and grinds?

I need to up the scores a bit by using specials. But can only see a couple of special flip and air tricks.

Thanks, this site has what most others have a list of the specials but not the sequence of keys. I know you can edit them but, air specials use direction buttons, eg <+^O. But in a manual or grind using directions will upsete the balance meter. So how do you do a "Lazy ass manual" for example?

For example?
A normal manual is ^V or V^ with or without an ollie.

Once im in the manual i can do all the tricks, eg pogo and so on, so what do you press and when?

And how do you guys learn this? Ive played this everynight for a few months now and still stink at airs and specials. Im at 113/190 and a fair few of them are the sick scores

i think if you press the button combo while your in the air jusr before your gonna hit the rail press (triangle) (ps2) or the similar placed button on xbox at the end when you want to go into the grind or manual.

Yes, in either a grind or a manual you need to do the control pad motions before you land.

For example, whilst already grinding along a rail you'd have to ollie (jump) and then whilst in the air you'd press the controls (eg. ^v y) (GC), land back on the rail and you should be doing your special move.

The same applies with manuals - you have to press the controls just before you land (instead of the usual controls).

Sorry if i sound dim. But i can only see grind specials (using a triangle), grab specials using O and flip specials using []. So how do you do a special manual as you cant use these without air or a rail. I know I can special into and out of manuals or grinds but how do i do a manual special.

So if im in a manual how do I do a manual special? For example I keep seeing 'Lazy ass manual' as the highest scoring manual special in FAQs. What is it and how do i do it?

It's good to see you're still playing this :)

For special manuals, ollie (X) then press the command for the special manual before you land.

You can't do it during a manual

Good or Sad?

Ive got 15 Ps2 games and I only play this one! Im hopelessly addicted, but still hopeless. So i ollie into a special but I cant find any specials, the specials seem to be lip, grind, flip or grab. Or is a special manual a manual with any special trick between the manuals. Eg a variable mc twist I think is ^+<O so in a special do i X then attempts Variable mctwist then land in a manual? But a variable mctwist will be impossible without air. so how do i find what the manual specials are?

Im 37 so PS2 skills dont come naturally, you literally have to tell me the key presses.

If you go to the options menu you can setup your characters special tricks. Maybe you have to change some of these (remove some of the lip/grind/flip/grab tricks and replace them with manual tricks).

You can only perform what's in your characters repertoire at the time.

How could I not have figured it out. Thanks for the tips. I can now happily Indy900 and do a Lazy Ass Manual.

That should help me get at least another 20 goals!

IMO once you've done all the high score/combo challenges just give up and play in 2 minute high-score mode (or free skate)

The single player game gets boring quickly, but try and beat your own high scores and you'll have so much more fun. You could play it forever and not get bored. I had a mate over this weekend and we played Underground until 4.30am on two consecutive nights...there is no better multiplayer game as far as I'm concerned

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom