• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Tony Blackburn - "Pick of the Pops" - Radio 2

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Absolutely love Tony Blackburn, reminds me of his '70's chart shows. Many a happy Sunday evening way back when listening to him presenting the "Top 40"

So glad he's back - much better than Dale Winton.

Any other listeners out there?

HMHB

Distinguished Member
I always hated the way he cut off the endings of the tracks on the top 40 show by saying "what a sensational sound" and by doing that ruining my recordings I was making :(

Kieron

Distinguished Member
Haha, oh yes, I remember taping the charts on a Sunday in the 70's. Play & record down with finger hovering over the pause button trying to time things just right.

I'd buy a couple of singles each week and tape the others. Funnily enough I've spent the afternoon listening to those old 7"s that my Sister and I bought all those years ago.

They still sound great :)

Curly99

Distinguished Member
More of an Alan Freeman bod back in The day "Pop Pickers" but I do remember taping the chart shows..it was either doing that or buying and listening to the cheapo Top of the Pops albums you could get from Woolworths

Curly

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom