Tonight my HD viewing is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pecker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
After my usual Friday night steak (sirloin - thick as a brick - rare) and claret (Ch. Semeillan Mazeau 2000) I'm going to be enjoying either 'The Bourne Identity' HD DVD or 'Wild Things' on BD. Depends on the missus.

I hope she takes her time deciding, as I'm really enjoying the Cricket.

Have a nice weekend, everyone.

Steve W

ps. Please join in on a regular basis with this thread.

What films are you watching?

On which format?

With whom?

Are you having a 'special evening'?

Was the film any good?

Was the high def any good?

Oh, and importantly, what did you have for tea? :D

SW

pps. Mods/everyone - This is a (hopefully) human and humourous way to bring all high def fans together, whether they're HD DVD, BD or dual format (or download/Sky HD for that matter). Please keep fanboy comments out of it, and a sense of humour close at hand.

S

Well I've rented Smokin' Aces on HD-DVD so I suppose I will watch that.

I've just finished a plate of Tomato and Mozzarella Salad and an ice cold beer :thumbsup:

Heroes hasn't turned up yet :thumbsdow

Over the weekend Starship Troopers on Blu-ray but I'm going to sneak in Bourne Supremacy when the wife goes out Sunday evening.

Gazza

just bought The Reaping from asda on hd dvd,so will be watching this later
once the little one's gone down for the night,will be watching with the wife

for tea i had burger sandwich with onions and relish:) oh and a glass of cider

After my usual Friday night steak (sirloin - thick as a brick - rare) and claret (Ch. Semeillan Mazeau 2000) I'm going to be enjoying either 'The Bourne Identity' HD DVD or 'Wild Things' on BD. Depends on the missus.

That is soooo funny. I just watched "WILD THINGS - UNRATED" on BluRay. Played fine. Enjoyed the film very much and thought the picture and sound was also fine (if not reference quality).

Also watched "STREETS OF FIRE" on HD-DVD too. Super film, picture and sound.

DENISE RICHARDS and DIANE LANE in one night ! :devil::thumbsup:

Tomorrow sometimes I'm gonna watch "THE ROCK" on BluRay.:clap:

nice thread was going to watch summit friday night but the lure of xbox live kicked in so she went to bed and watched bb.
but tommorow it will be the reaping followed by million dollar baby hd downed with a few glasses of magners and curry ,then hopefully she will be to drunk to do anything so i can scare my self saft on bio-shock.
aint married life great:clap:

I hope she takes her time deciding, as I'm really enjoying the Cricket.

The last two or three overs were quite exciting when Mascarenas started tonking the ball around. At least he's cemented his place in the 20/20 team for the World Championship with that performance.

BTW, whilst 'Wild Things' was wonderful (as ever) I thought the picture was soft. The sound, whilst being clear,was a little flat.

I'll post more later.

The last two or three overs were quite exciting when Mascarenas started tonking the ball around. At least he's cemented his place in the 20/20 team for the World Championship with that performance.

Cheers. At least it looks like we put up a fight.

Steve W

BTW, whilst 'Wild Things' was wonderful (as ever) I thought the picture was soft. The sound, whilst being clear,was a little flat.

Steve W

It was soft in places but I think that is the way it was filmed. Forget what a good "twisty" move it is.:smashin:

Last Night I watched Happy Gilmore on HD-DVD, big picture improvement over the SD version, Sound isn't that much of an improvement. Extra's are down to deleted scenes (nothing special there) and outtakes which are quite funny!
I love this movie and it was great to see cult actors like Richard Keil, Carl Weathers in it. One of my fav Sandler Movies and great to have it in HD.

Romero

Well since my Heroes box set didnt't turn up yesterday:mad: I think i'll turn back the clock to 1977 and watch Smokey and the Bandit:D

What films are you watching?

On which format?

With whom?

Are you having a 'special evening'?

Was the film any good?

Was the high def any good?

Oh, and importantly, what did you have for tea? :D

Tonight it's 'Shooter' which I don't know a fat lot about so may or may not be a pleasant suprise.

Format is HD DVD and will be on after 21.00 when all the soaps have finished.

Food will be a mushroom pasta which I'll cook while the soaps are on. I'm having a few bottles of beer while Mrs Sonic67 will be having white wine.

I think you'll enjoy Shooter Sonic :smashin: I thought it was a great movie especially as I didn't know what to expect..

Tonight I'll be continuing with Heroes on HD-DVD :D Got about 5-6 episodes left.. ;) Anyone got a release date for Season 2 :D :( Loving this Boxset! :clap: Still got the extras to play with too. :smashin:

I think I'll be on Bangers and Mash tonight, with plenty of fresh steamed Veg and gravy Mmmm.... :smashin: On my own tonight..

Still got TMNT on HD-DVD waiting for a viewing... :rolleyes: :oops:

Last weekend I watched SHOOTER on HD dvd and thought it was very good .. both film and picture quality.

This weekend watched The Rock on blu-ray, which was SUPERB, and also watched Death Proof starring Kurt Russell albeit SD dvd as no word on any HD release ... Death Proof was also very good, but only because of Kurt :cool:

I rented out 'shooter' as well, so am watching that tonight. Looking forward to it given peoples opinion on it

I'm gonna be watching Enter the Dragon on HDDVD. Just been watching Heroes but need a break as i think its begginning to take over my life :rotfl:

Now that I've finished Heroes:( (comsumed most of my weekend lol), it'll be Superman 2 tonight:smashin:

a nice curry from the indian me think with a few bottles of corona and will sit down after and watch gangs of new york on blu ray:thumbsup:

oh and the mrs will be there:D

a nice curry from the indian me think with a few bottles of corona and will sit down after and watch gangs of new york on blu ray:thumbsup:

oh and the mrs will be there:D

ooohh.. there's a title I was wondering about getting or not. You'll have to give your thoughts on it after you've watched it.

For me it's either going to be Reign over Me on Blu-ray which has just come through today or it's going to be something of the mrs choice.. thats when I start worrying.. cocktail or topgun most probably... :suicide:

Before any of that happens I gotta wait till blasted Eastenders finishes.. :boring:

well i did enjoy that film,what good quality as well
ive only ever watched that movie once when it 1st came out
defin reccomend the blu ray version:thumbsup:

Just watched Hot Fuzz and The Thing on HD. Freakin' sweet!!

Well, my copy of Elizabeth has arrived this morning so it will definately be that in my player tonight :clap:

well i did enjoy that film,what good quality as well
ive only ever watched that movie once when it 1st came out
defin reccomend the blu ray version:thumbsup:

Darn it.. means there's now another film to add to my collection..:suicide: Subscribing to this threads going to be very expensive I think..:rolleyes::)

Just watched Hot Fuzz and The Thing on HD. Freakin' sweet!!

Hot fuzz was really enjoyable, only seen it on Standard Def though but not sure whether it was worth the upgrade to HD or not. Think if I'd not seen it before-hand I'd probably have got it already. Might just wait till the price drops some and grab it in a sale or something.

Oh.. and in my case it was'nt either Top Gun or Cocktail the other night... it was Dirty dancing...:suicide: Still my turn at the weekend.. time for some horror me thinks.. :devil:

ive got hot fuzz coming in the next few days on HD-DVD looking forward to that:thumbsup:

I've seen some great titles on HD but not alas tonight.... TMNT was my poison. :oops:

There is nothing I can think of to recommend this, I was a fan of the original cartoon, and remember seeing the first film, but honestly avoid this, if you weren't already. :D

it wasn't even that visually impressive. Nor was there any thing good to say about the sound track. I was about to turn it off, but then it seemed the creators got as bored with it as I was and it seemed to come to an abrupt and pointless end by it's self.. :suicide:

I'm not sure how much longer I can put off watching the last episode of heroes.... :rotfl: i just don't want it to end. ;)

Hot fuzz was really enjoyable, only seen it on Standard Def though but not sure whether it was worth the upgrade to HD or not.

Widely Regarded as the absolutle pinicle of HD Picture quality. 5 Star Picture Quality, 4 1/2 star Audio quality, loads of extras, a must own disc.

At highdefdigest.com it's the only disc on Blu-ray or HD-DVD that they have given 5 stars to the whole package.

I guess the only thing that might put you off is that it's a combo, perfect way to show your friends the difference between HD-DVD and DVD though and to get them involved.

Back on topic My Evenings viewing has been 3 episodes of the exellent heros, which is in a fantastic HD-DVD box set, highly recommended.

Unfortunatly dinner wasn't quite Gourmet as I had a KFC 2 peice chicken meal with some added popcorn chicken :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom