Tone Factory Turntable – anyone have any experience?

Justanothergeordie

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi – I recently saw a turntable from Tone and wondered whether anyone had any experience with them as I can't find many reviews of it. I was looking for a budget end, very minimal turntable preferably with an in-built preamp and saw this and thought it looked good.

Thanks for any help.

Is this it ? - TONE Factory – TONE

My biggest issue would be the seemingly built in cartridge restricting future upgrades and possibly replacement stylus (looks like an Ortofon OM though???).

At £/Euro 350 there is a lot of competition from well known brands including the Rega Planar 1 plus, Project T1 Phono SB or Essential III BT, or Edwards Audio TT4.

Second hand you are into Rega Planar 3 territory.

Thanks, yes it is and I only just realised the ProJect Primary E with built in phono preamp is actually quite a bit less than this. I'm guessing the ProJect will be better sounding and I don't need the Bluetooth so I'll forget this one. I think I was just impressed with the design of it.

I'm looking at a very simple system of the new Q Acoustics M20 along with a turntable with a built in phono preamp. The M20 has BT built in and supposedly sound similar to the 3020i so I'm hoping this should work well as a simple, budget setup.

What's your budget for the turntable ? There are quite a few ex demo or newish second hand about - have a look at the clearance sections of the big retailers - Peter Tyson, Sevenoaks, Hifix, Audio T, Richer, AV Online etc.

Will do thanks for suggesting. I have a friend who has the PJ Carbon which he loves so I assumed the cheaper version may stile pretty decent. I was looking at the Planar 1 but with a preamp I just don't have the budget. Even the PJ E will sound good to me I'm sure...

Does anyone have any experience with Thomann? I've heard them being recommended but wondered whether it was worth buying from them rather than say RS as they look Germany-based?

Thanks

Remember you will now have to pay import duty, VAT and handling charge on stuff coming from the EU so double check what's included in the price or you may have a surprise bill to pay before you get your shiny new toy ! Nowhere near as easy or cheap as it used to be.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom