1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tone controls?

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by mdeletr, Nov 17, 2003.

1. mdeletr

mdeletr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I just purchased an AV32R DP.
    It is a great machine, except one small notice.
    I cannot adjust any tone controls. (there are no one)
    I have read on TAG what Udo says about it. He will maybe be able to include some simple tone controls later.
    But on some records that contains poor recordings etc. I would be able to adjust the bass, turn up the bass some steps.
    But i read that a guy fixed same problems with adding a peak filter at 100hz 0.2 q at 3db..
    I tested and that was greatly enhanced the bass.
    Now my question, can anyone exactly tell me what filter i should use? Dont reall understand all terms, peak, low shelf, high shelf, low pass, high pass etc..
    Í have Infinity Kappa90 and want the bass to come from them instead of be using Direct+sub setting.
    So i just wonder if anyone can gimme an advice on what filter i shall use, and for example the settings?
    Are 100hz to high? Shall i go for lower hz??
    Would be very happy if anyone can help me.
    Dont wanna do the whole Tmreq setting now.
    Gonna move to another room soon so i gonna do the full room compensation thing then.

Best regards.

Jonas Svensson
    Göteborg
    Sweden

2. gary.barker

gary.barker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Low shelf filter is what you are looking for. Like the name implies it creates a shelf like equalization curve that can be raised or lowered (this is what a bass control is). This is actually explained pretty well in the TMreq manual that came with your unit. You can also get a lot of information from the TAG website under products and press releases. As to the frequency, this is totally dependant on your situation, and what you are trying to achieve. Only experimentation will get you the correct frequency.

3. mdeletr

mdeletr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much...
    THAT DID THE THING...
    Sorry if shouting, but i was in heaven when i tried your suggestions, and it was the missing link..
    Thanks again...
    Now back to some fine tuning, hehe....

Jonas Svensson

Happy AV32R owner.....