Tone control on Yamaha YAS 306

GeoffLove

Novice Member
Reaction score
ive just got one of these which is being fed via an optical link from A Samsung uhd tv.

I’d like to adjust the tone on the sound bar as it needs a little more treble, however there seems no adjustment for this.

My tv has a graphic equaliser, but this is only operation of the buolt in speakers doesn’t affect the optical link output.

There is a sound mode control on via smart phone via the music cast system. However this just has. Few few sou d modes which have minimal effect on the sound. There appears to be no graphic equaliser or tone controls.

Have I missed something or what other solution is there....?

Thanks

Tone Controls, Graphic Equaliser - we are back in the 1970's :)

You haven't missed anything - those features have mostly disappeared on AV and Hi-Fi kit.

Other than putting a suitable mixer (with tone controls) in between the Source and the Soundbar you have no fine control over the audio.

You could try adjusting the angle of the Soundbar to 'steer' the sound more directly at your ears when seated - that normally lifts the HF.

Joe

Thanks Joe, I feared as much. I suspect this is whole new thread but I really don't get why this has become the case. The notion that a tone which will suit all uses and all rooms can be hardwired into a system when for a product like this making it controllable via the software is so cheap and easy for a developer seems odd in the least....! The 5 'sound modes' provided with this unit at least seem to have very little impact on the sound so aren't any compensation or work-around sadly... Hey ho!

It’s become the norm - as you say it ought to be easy enough to integrate a set of sliders into a control App and provide some degree of personalisation.

Joe

I have the same bar , I'd like some form of treble adjustment too , also I've noticed low volume coming out of it up to half way on the volume slider , above half and it goes very loud , up to half and it's poor

The old stuff is best! My Yamaha YSP-4100 has bass and treble controls.

It always puzzled me why there was never a midrange tone control on the kit that I used to own. I do recall a couple of stereo amps. from many years back having all three, but they were few and far between.

Clem

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom