1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tonal balance

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by adi, Mar 25, 2003.

1. adi

adi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i'm currentley researching speakers for my upcoming avr3802 purchase - and i obviousley want the benefit of ES sound.

most mags state that tonal balance means "all drive units are the same" or a variation of this..........does this mean that each speaker should have EXACTLY the same cone arrangement - ie, size, material, power handling etc.

my choice will probably be from the mission m70i range - m74i fronts / m7c2 centre / m70 or m71i "sides" and m7ds "rears"

am i correct in assuming that all these speakers will be "tonally matched" with all the other speakers in the m70i range - the main reason i ask is that the "sides" are subject to space considerations and the m70 would be ideal - however - the drivers are different sizes to the others in the range, and are not bi-wireable

adi

2. Sunday Ironfoot

Sunday Ironfoot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Speakers bought in speaker 'packages' are always balanced with each other. Consider buying speakers from Missions cinema range eg. M71 home cinema, M72 home cinema etc.

If you want 6.1 speakers then consider buying one of the 5.1 Mission packages and add a rear centre speaker that's identical to your front centre one.

3. bob1

bob1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +129
    Hi adi i have more or less what your thinking of.Its more usual to but the m7ds speakers on the sides and the m70's at the rear.I'm very close to the back wall so i have no space behind me so the rear speaker is on the floor pointing up,this works quite well but might have to go when the new sofa comes in a few weeks depending on what room i have.The rear speaker i'm using is just an old speaker but still fits in,if you take a closer look at the m70 and the m7ds they have the same size drivers so i would think that they would work well together and all blend in.