TomTom V2 Mount

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by chris_newton, Dec 30, 2006.

1. chris_newton

chris_newton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Well Christmas finally came and i have managed to give my tomtom a good testing, and i love it! My only gripe is that its fell off the windscreen twice now.

What is the best way of sticking this on? is it with lots of Spit (sorry for being crude) or is it best pushed on dry?

Another thing is there a better mount i can purchase for this, one that has like a sunction handle, you know the kind i mean where u attach it to the screen and push the hande upwards to make it stick on to the windscreen??

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks all and happy new year !

2. tman

tman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +195
    First, clean the mount spot with an alcohol pad, make sure it's dry before fixing the mount. DO NOT moisten the mount before fixing. It's not designed for this. You do have to push pretty hard to set it, but once on, it shouldn't budge.

TBH, the supplied TT ONE v2 mount is pretty cheap (not as good as the original TT ONE I believe). You can get higher quality ones as upgrades with the 'push lock' mount on the 'sucker'. They are better and more reliable.

3. chris_newton

chris_newton
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Were can i get these upgrades from? and thanks for your help

4. Napster

Napster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lots of them available on ebay etc. I like the classic tomtom mount though as its solid and easy to use, only falls off when theres condensation on the glass, so just give it a wipe first.

5. merlynn

merlynn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0