TomTom remotes

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by oldgits, Jan 25, 2008.

1. oldgits

oldgits

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Been wanting a remote for my 720go for some time but they have only just started to come into circulation and got one in the post this morning after winning it on Ebay. From the photos I've been looking at on the web the remotes for the 500/700 etc are different to look at as in the black facia compared to a silver facia of the 720/920 and considerably cheaper, when I opened the parcel I was dismayed to find my remote had the black facia and instantly thought I had been sent the wrong one, but it works fine!

So my question is are they all the same and we are being a bit conned or are the photos of silver remotes inaccurate?

2. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,283
    This thread would suggest that they are in fact different technologies.

3. Hyperspud

Hyperspud
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi for what it's worth I too have a Go720 & have just taken delivery of the remote. I'm very pleased with it; a good fit in the palm of the hand, not too small & a good weight. Feels very well put together. The top surface isn't quite silver, more grafite grey. Buttons are soft touch & logically laid out. It has a cradlewhich it can be lifted out of or sat in & which sticks to the dash or wherever you want. I'd recommend it.